Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Gratton

1st Flight

First flight complete... A few bugs, mainly again in the navigation.

• Set that parking brake straight away or you will be rolling.
  • To taxi away, MINIMAL power.
  • Climb out, where has all that power gone? 

Navigation

• Like the FA50 (sometimes) the FMC does not progress the magenta line when passing waypoints. The aircraft will however follow the planned route. 
  • I have the updated Navigraph AIRAC, however some approaches and SID's are not available to select.
  • Runway selection is also not available for arrival airports. I have tested EGHI, EGTC, EGGW, EGCC.

Autopilot

• Don't really know where to start really...

Other initial thoughts

• No minima callouts 
  • Frame rate hungry compared to the Citations, Hawker 850 and FA50 I own.

Overall... Good start, needs work, and I probably need some practice too!

Edited by Tom_Gratton
clarity
  • Like 4

Thanks for your review.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Agree with the list from @Tom_Gratton ...

• The "beep" sound when autopilot is engaged, is that the TRIM ...? Is there any way possible to turn its volume down or off ...?
  • The "beep" sound when doors are open even when cockpit is in cold-and-dark, where does it come from and where do you shut is up ...?

If we could get rid of the 'noise' then we could concentrate on learning how to fly this Lady properly 🤣😁

It is as if the plane is too light - it's way too sensitive on the ground and in the air ... as a King200 pilot, I've managed to get the balance (more-or-less) right by changing the MOI in the aircraft.cfg file of the King200 to get the feel for the real-life lady but with the AT42 I have no idea what those values should be. Maybe Carenado would consider to add an app for loading their aircraft in the future so that we don't have to rely on the P3D4's weight, fuel, and pax menu because it's hopeless.

Yes she's heavier on the FPS side than other Carenado aircraft but the PBR sure looks nice and YES it's going to take a while to get the hang of her bells and whistles but what a pleasant surprise for your anniversary and a welcome addition for all our short hop enthusiasts. 

WELL DONE Carenado. 👏👏👏

• Like 4

Terblanche Jordaan

7 hours ago, Terblanche said:

YES it's going to take a while to get the hang of her bells and whistles but what a pleasant surprise for your anniversary and a welcome addition for all our short hop enthusiasts. 

WELL DONE Carenado. 👏👏👏

I agree @Terblanche, after I posted this I took her up for another flight and having learnt her quirks, it turned out to be a great flight actually.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Terblanche said:

If we could get rid of the 'noise'

You can get rid of any noise if you know the filename.
Just replace it by an empty/silent voice file (probably wav).
Alternatively you can edit the original sound file and reduce the volume by 90% (or any percentage)
Just use a freeware sound editor.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

32 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

You can get rid of any noise if you know the filename.

If this silly stupid AVSIM will allow us to attach a file that is not an image then it would be possible to add this annoying noise ... and I went through every single sound in the sound folder and it's not there. I suspect that it's embedded with a / the gauge.

If I can find it, then I will make the volume 0% because it will drive me nuts. Maybe Carenado could help us out here and tell us that if it is the TRIM sound (which I suspect it is because it's silent once the AP is off) could we shut it up or will they be so kind in the next update to get rid of it completely ...?

Terblanche Jordaan

19 hours ago, Terblanche said:

If this silly stupid AVSIM will allow us to attach a file that is not an image then it would be possible to add this annoying noise ... and I went through every single sound in the sound folder and it's not there. I suspect that it's embedded with a / the gauge.

If I can find it, then I will make the volume 0% because it will drive me nuts. Maybe Carenado could help us out here and tell us that if it is the TRIM sound (which I suspect it is because it's silent once the AP is off) could we shut it up or will they be so kind in the next update to get rid of it completely ...?

It is the trim sound.....its located in your atr sound folder which is in the carenado folder located in your main fsx/p3d sound folder.

As far as the warning beeps simply pressing the caution light thats flashing (either orange caution or red warning) should shut that up.....at least it does for me.

Jevon 

40 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Too bad it does not have a light model. It is indeed very heavy on FPS 😢

Yeah its VAS footprint is huge too.  The 4096x4096 textures dont help.   If i find some time I might try converting some of the pertinent ones to 2048x2048 see how much that helps (if at all)......

• Like 2

Jevon 

it is luxury but it does not have to modify the payload and fuel, the HOTEL mode is not simulated, and it does not have the External Power

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

1 hour ago, Novej757 said:

It is the trim sound.....its located in your atr sound folder which is in the carenado folder located in your main fsx/p3d sound folder.

THANK YOU! Found them, edited them [trim alarm.wav -and- buffer_ap_trim.wav] and silenced them for good. 

PS: Don't know what the night textures of the VC look like on other PCs but on mine they look horrible (on a 4K monitor and 1080Ti) ... would just stick to day flying.

Terblanche Jordaan

48 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

it is luxury but it does not have to modify the payload and fuel, the HOTEL mode is not simulated, and it does not have the External Power

Facts! Hotel mode is not simulated, already looking at how to implement a mod 😉  as if I don't have enough mods to work on 😄 👀

Jevon 

Hello,

Right for the HOTEL mode not working.

Another big problem for my point of view, the Power Management.

Condition = AUTO

Power = on the mark around 60% (forget the real name)

PWR MGT on CRZ : 100% (!) instead of around 70% in my memory

So in cruise at FL130 you reach the max speed quickly.

Do you confirm that I am right ? Long time without flying the ATR but had lot of hours on the F1.

Thanks,

Fred

2 hours ago, fredofenua said:

Hello,

Right for the HOTEL mode not working.

Another big problem for my point of view, the Power Management.

Condition = AUTO

Power = on the mark around 60% (forget the real name)

PWR MGT on CRZ : 100% (!) instead of around 70% in my memory

So in cruise at FL130 you reach the max speed quickly.

Do you confirm that I am right ? Long time without flying the ATR but had lot of hours on the F1.

Thanks,

Fred

Honestly i have no atr flying experience.  I've only flown on one once from GPT to IAH in real life.  I did know the hotel mode was on it but just from being a fan.

Jevon