Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Gratton

1st Flight

Some flights done now and I have the following on my list at the moment:

- Hotel Mode working but only visually. Sounds and behavior for a stopped prop wrong for sure.

- Magenta Line way of in display but followed correctly

- Power Gust Lock visually working but having no effect

Otherwise I'm quite positvely impressed. Power management and AP working like expected even IAS hold on climb. Not all buttons modelled and therefore a lot systemwise fake but its not a pro Dash. Loaded up to mtow she is not the excessive climber but expected. Inital 1500 to 1000 fpm at 160 ias in climb setting ok for what I read. She seems a bit slow at higher flight levels though. On CL and PL auto I get only a torque of 82 at FL220...

Cheers

T.

10 minutes ago, Torsen said:

On CL and PL auto I get only a torque of 82 at FL220...

What do you mean with 'only'? According to the RW performance tables max cruise torque at FL220 is 80.8%.

Have given my views in the General Discussion forum.  This model is at the same time, excellent and deeply disappointing.  The FMS is the greatest weakness, as it is very incomplete.  With this brought up to speed, with VNAV etc, and with flightplan import this plane would be a winner.  There are other bugs, but more expert people than me have discussed and listed them.  I would really hope that Carenado would go one step further than usual and bring the avionics right up to speed.  It is a delightful plane to fly, but doing the old-fashioned 3x distance descent calculation wouldn't do for a modern airline trying to save every dollar in operation costs.

8 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

What do you mean with 'only'? According to the RW performance tables max cruise torque at FL220 is 80.8%. 

Hmmm... perhaps I was in the wrong collumn/row... which table are you referring to? I just did a quick check in the delivered ones but I don't find them that self explaining without some further notes...

Cheers

T.

Just checked again, the FCOM is from 2008 and the max cruise table says 80.8% and 291ktas  at 18.5t.   

Don't know what kind of tables Carenado provided, but the real one is simple and straight forward,

Edited by FDEdev

9 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Just checked again, it's from 2008 and the max cruise table says 80.8% and 291ktas  at 18.5t.   

Don't know what kind of tables Carenado provided, but the real one is simple and straight forward,

....ah its kilotons in the Carenado ones referring to and then its matching the 80.8% fine. But it has no ktas only percent torque. Do you have a link or source for the RW one, please?

Cheers

T.

Regarding the trim sound, the trim whooler sound is correct. Anytime the normal trim actuator is actuated during more than 1 s, an aural whooler will be generated, even if autopilot is engaged, or manually flying and pressing the pitch trim command on the yoke.