Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Out of nowhere... DXGI-ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crash

Minding my own business testing out things to get a smooth sim when this ugly error crashed the sim, twice now. Seems totally unrelated to what I'm doing in the sim stress wise.

Looking through the forum, I see its happened before and the fix was to update to the latest GeForce drivers. Well I did that and it's still happening.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I hate to say there is no specific fix since it can be caused by various issues. You will hear many solutions soon I’m sure and maybe one of them will work but this is not a one issue one solution problem. There are several posts that have gone on for months you can read through.

Good luck

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Do you use Nvidia inspector? I stared getting these last year after one of their driver updates but I used NI for FPS limiter.  Disabling NI fixed the problem.....but if you aren't using NI than this won't help😄

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

It happens with certain graphics driver versions. I used to have this problem, testing different drivers the Nvidia 417.22 fixed it. Since then no more hangs and i don't update the driver unless it is absolutely needed.

Iranildo Araújo

NI is installed, but isn't running.

I'm using RTSS in frame limited mode as the sync limit doesn't seem to want to work here.

2 minutes ago, Aeronildo said:

It happens with certain graphics driver versions. I used to have this problem, testing different drivers the Nvidia 417.22 fixed it. Since then no more hangs and i don't update the driver unless it is absolutely needed.

What I'm reading seems to suggest later drivers cause the problem. It first happened here on 419.67 after several happy weeks on P3D as a newbie, so I updated to 425.31 and the problem continues. It's rare, but annoying.

What type of cable are you using between your monitor and video card?  I had a few of these abominable crashes last year after I upgraded my monitor... and went to a DisplayPort cable.  Went back to an HDMI cable and no problems since.

HTH or I'm just lucky,

Greg

I know this is a long shot but I had this problem no matter what driver and it happened after 4.4 update (not sure if coincidence). I read somewhere that these new video cards these days are heavy and can lose good connection if they are just hanging into the slot with no support. I reseated my card and ever since, it’s been ok. There was also a .net update version I was missing that I had updated the same day too though so I’m not 100% which (or if either) truly fixed it. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

15 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Minding my own business testing out things to get a smooth sim when this ugly error crashed the sim, twice now. Seems totally unrelated to what I'm doing in the sim stress wise.

Looking through the forum, I see its happened before and the fix was to update to the latest GeForce drivers. Well I did that and it's still happening.

do you have a 1080ti by any chance?  are you overlocking your gfx card ?

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

do you have a 1080ti by any chance?  are you overlocking your gfx card ?

I was just about to say this. Overclocking the video card is a major cause.

On my GTX 1080Ti overclocking did that, I reduced it with 100MHz (offset to the GPU clock and MEM clock) and it is usually stable. Still, sometimes I get a CTD without any error message, I suppose still due to overlock, overload of GPU or due to switching the focus between my 2 monitors.

Sometimes the driver can get also corrupted(but rare).

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

This turned out to be a dying video card for me. 

Replaced with a 1080ti and all is well.

Cheers,

Mark

2 hours ago, Vali said:

On my GTX 1080Ti overclocking did that, I reduced it with 100MHz (offset to the GPU clock and MEM clock) and it is usually stable. Still, sometimes I get a CTD without any error message, I suppose still due to overlock, overload of GPU or due to switching the focus between my 2 monitors.

Sometimes the driver can get also corrupted(but rare).

i have a 1080ti and using asus gpu tweak II used to give me this ctd.  I no longer use gpu tweaK and the issue is gone

14ppkc-6.png

OK thanks for all the ideas. GTX980Ti ASUS Strix factory overclock here. Never been a problem up til P3D. Maybe it's being pushed harder.

I'll bear in mind all these things when/if it happens again.

Cheers.

22 hours ago, SledDriver said:

h

Edited by Wennerholm