Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Out of nowhere... DXGI-ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crash

5 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

It requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above. 
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu.
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter.
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK.
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Can you give us any info what this is doing?

Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK.

If this is the default value anyway, then how does your suggestion make any difference, or have I misunderstood?

This has been discussed at length in the AVSIM CTD Forum so moving this there.  Please read some of the pinned topics concerning this issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK.

If this is the default value anyway, then how does your suggestion make any difference, or have I misunderstood?

h

Edited by Wennerholm

3 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

The TdrLevel  is not std input.

1 minute ago, SledDriver said:

Ok Ta.

Does this apply to my 980Ti too?

I have stolen the text from P3D forum. I don´t know but it works for me 1080 Ti.

I can't say for sure that I have solved the problem but this is what I did:  I was getting the DXGI error on almost every flight.  Tried about all the suggestions to fix it.  Tried the latest drivers and the older drivers - no joy.  My CPU was slightly overclocked so I undid the OC and put it back to the original configuration.  The second thing I did was to disable the NVIDIA  High Definition Audio in the Device Manager.  Am operating with the Realtek High Definition Audio selection.   Haven't had the DXGI error since changing these two things.  Been about a month now.  I know I'll probably get the error as soon as I post this.   Many times before I thought I had it fixed only for it to re-occur.   So far so good.

Jim 

I7 6800K 3.40 Ghz                                                                                                                                                                                                         GTX 1080

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, planenut said:

Many times before I thought I had it fixed only for it to re-occur.   So far so good.

Thanks for passing the information to our membership!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10