Sign in to follow this  
pueblov

LorbyFlashlight no run

good afternoon I have a problem install LorbyFlashlight in prepard 4.5 but when I double click LorbyFlashlight.exe the program is not executed can help me

Hi,

the flashlight is a simple .Net application, it should run anywhere. Did you check the Windows Event log for errors? Could it be blocked by your AntiVirus?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I haven’t had any issues with the flashlight running after the 4.5 upgrade. 

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

the application is installed in C: \ Users \ people \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4 and when I open the file add-ons is in
Package.135]
PATH = C: \ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4
ACTIVE = true
REQUIRED = false
the problem is when p3dv4.5 starts, the flashlight is not executed

5 hours ago, pueblov said:

the application is installed in 😄 \ Users \ people \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4 and when I open the file add-ons is in
Package.135]
PATH = 😄 \ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4
ACTIVE = true
REQUIRED = false
the problem is when p3dv4.5 starts, the flashlight is not executed

If those paths really are different as you show them, then that is probably why it doesn't start.

Question: how did it end up in the add-ons.cfg and which add-ons.cfg are we talking about? The one in ProgramData or the one in AppData\Roaming?

Another question - why do you have so many packages (135)? Remember that you don't need a single add-on.xml for every single scenery. You can add multiple sceneries to the same add-on.xml.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Regards dear Mr. Oliver. there was a bad transcription when I pasted the text I apologize and explain.

Question: how did it end up in the add-ons.cfg and which add-ons.cfg are we talking about? The one in ProgramData or the one in AppData\Roaming?
The flashlight program is installed in c:\ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4.
and is located at c: \ Users \ Sabino \ AppData \ Roaming \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4
[Package.135]
PATH = c:\ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4
ACTIVE = true
REQUIRED = false

Another question - why do you have so many packages (135)? Remember that you don't need a single add-on.xml for every single scenery. You can add multiple sceneries to the same add-on.xml.

I have each independent landscape I would like to know how to do to place them all?
in my case I have them sorted in a folder by continent south america, north america, europe, africa
example:
South America
  G: \ Scenarios \ South America
  see image https://ibb.co/0DZMpKb
and inside there are the countries and airports see image https://ibb.co/6wDqSGN
have several add-on.xml is not convenient?
How do I have it all in one add-on.xml or can I have 5 add-on.xml for each continent?
What do you recommend and how to do could please a brief explanation

Edited by pueblov

1 hour ago, pueblov said:

Regards dear Mr. Oliver. there was a bad transcription when I pasted the text I apologize and explain.

The flashlight program is installed in c:\ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4.
and is located at c: \ Users \ Sabino \ AppData \ Roaming \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4
[Package.135]
PATH = c:\ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4
ACTIVE = true
REQUIRED = false

I have each independent landscape I would like to know how to do to place them all?
in my case I have them sorted in a folder by continent south america, north america, europe, africa
example:
South America
  G: \ Scenarios \ South America
  see image https://ibb.co/0DZMpKb
and inside there are the countries and airports see image https://ibb.co/6wDqSGN
have several add-on.xml is not convenient?
How do I have it all in one add-on.xml or can I have 5 add-on.xml for each continent?
What do you recommend and how to do could please a brief explanation

1. What happens when you restart your computer and then doubleclick the Flashlight executable? It should be here: c:\ Users \ Sabino \ Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ Lorby-SI LorbyFlashlight_P3D_V4\LorbyFlashlight.exe. Remember to check the Windows event log when it doesn't start. Also, make sure that it is not already running in the system tray.

2. Scenery management is tricky. Are you using my P4AO program? If you do, you can add all scenery in G:\Scenearios\South America to a single XML with just a few mouse clicks.

You don't have to organize your scenery that way. But generally speaking, having only a few add-on.xml package definition makes life a lot easier. 

As an example, here is my add-on.xml for photoreal sceneries in Europe, that I only turn on in summer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Photoreal</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description />
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>E:\VFRGermay\Aerosoft\VFR Germany 1</Path>
    <Name>VFR Germany 1</Name>
    <Layer>139</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\VFRGermay\Aerosoft\VFR Germany 2</Path>
    <Name>VFR Germany 2</Name>
    <Layer>140</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\VFRGermay\Aerosoft\VFR Germany 3</Path>
    <Name>VFR Germany 3</Name>
    <Layer>141</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\VFRGermay\Aerosoft\VFR Germany 4</Path>
    <Name>VFR Germany 4</Name>
    <Layer>142</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Auvergne PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Auvergne PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>143</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Bourgogne PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Bourgogne PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>144</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Centre PHOTO Vol1</Path>
    <Name>Centre PHOTO Vol1</Name>
    <Layer>145</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Centre PHOTO Vol2</Path>
    <Name>Centre PHOTO Vol2</Name>
    <Layer>146</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Champagne-Ardennes PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Champagne-Ardennes PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>147</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Franche-Comte PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Franche-Comte PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>148</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Languedoc-Roussilon PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Languedoc-Roussilon PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>149</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Limousin PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Limousin PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>150</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Corse PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Corse PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>151</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Lorraine PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Lorraine PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>152</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Midi-Pyrenees PHOTO Vol1</Path>
    <Name>Midi-Pyrenees PHOTO Vol1</Name>
    <Layer>153</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Midi-Pyrenees PHOTO Vol2</Path>
    <Name>Midi-Pyrenees PHOTO Vol2</Name>
    <Layer>154</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\PACA PHOTO Vol1</Path>
    <Name>PACA PHOTO Vol1</Name>
    <Layer>155</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\PACA PHOTO Vol2</Path>
    <Name>PACA PHOTO Vol2</Name>
    <Layer>156</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Picardie PHOTO</Path>
    <Name>Picardie PHOTO</Name>
    <Layer>157</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Rhone-Alpes PHOTO Vol1</Path>
    <Name>Rhone-Alpes PHOTO Vol1</Name>
    <Layer>158</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\France VFR\Rhone-Alpes PHOTO Vol2</Path>
    <Name>Rhone-Alpes PHOTO Vol2</Name>
    <Layer>159</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\MegaSceneryEarth\Switzerland</Path>
    <Name>Switzerland</Name>
    <Layer>160</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\MegaSceneryEarth\Portugal</Path>
    <Name>Portugal</Name>
    <Layer>161</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\MegaSceneryEarth\Italy</Path>
    <Name>Italy</Name>
    <Layer>162</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Here there are two error logs and attach the images.
I appreciate the help I do not know how to do it thank you https://ibb.co/9WY0Lxj and https://ibb.co/Hzz42rF

Aplicación: LorbyFlashlight.exe
Versión de Framework: v4.0.30319
Descripción: el proceso terminó debido a una excepción no controlada.
Información de la excepción: System.Xml.XmlException
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   en System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Información de la excepción: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   en System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
   en System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

en System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
   en System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
   en System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   en LorbyFlashlight.Properties.Settings.get_AutoConnect()
   en LorbyFlashlight.MainWindow..ctor()
   en LorbyFlashlight.MainWindow.get_Instance()
   en LorbyFlashlight.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   en MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   en MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   en LorbyFlashlight.App.Main()

Aplicación: LorbyFlashlight.exe
Versión de Framework: v4.0.30319
Descripción: el proceso terminó debido a una excepción no controlada.
Información de la excepción: System.Xml.XmlException
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   en System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

en System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)

en System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
   en System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
   en System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
   en System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
   en System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
   en LorbyFlashlight.Properties.Settings.get_AutoConnect()
   en LorbyFlashlight.MainWindow..ctor()
   en LorbyFlashlight.MainWindow.get_Instance()
   en LorbyFlashlight.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   en MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   en MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   en LorbyFlashlight.App.Main()

Hi,

Try this: look for this folder: C:\Users\Sabino\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI

Delete everything in it that is called anything like "LorbyFlashlight.exe_Url..."

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2. Scenery management is tricky. Are you using my P4AO program? If you do, you can add all scenery in G:\Scenearios\South America to a single XML with just a few mouse clicks.

You don't have to organize your scenery that way. But generally speaking, having only a few add-on.xml package definition makes life a lot easier. 

As an example, here is my add-on.xml for photoreal sceneries in Europe, that I only turn on in summer:

If I am using your program it is very good.
The doubt that I have is that I should place all the scenery in a single folder with its airport name and each folder has scenery, texture, effects, escenery world in some cases.
then I start where it says add scenery of your program
and then I give click add all sceneries subfolders.
and the add-ons as effects I add them as?

13 minutes ago, pueblov said:

The doubt that I have is that I should place all the scenery in a single folder with its airport name and each folder has scenery, texture, effects, escenery world in some cases.

NO! You leave your scenery where it is, it is fine like that. Don't start to mess around with it. 

Just for the sake of the argument. If you go to "Add Scenery" in P4AO, select "Create a new one" at the top and give it the name "South America", then below select the folder "G:\Scenarios\South America" like you would select a scenery and then check "..all subfolders", the P4AO will search for all your scenery areas in that folder and add all references to them to one single package = add-on.xml. No scenery files are moved anywhere, it is just a bulk operation that is doing what you yourself did one scenery at a time. This does not include effects or base layer BGLs, those you must handle manually. I have one single add-on.xml for that which references one effects and one base layer scenery folder, and I just move all effects and layer 2/3 blgs there. 

As I said, leave everything like it is. If you have trouble understanding the logic, it is better not to touch anything!

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you very much OLIVER  for your excellent concern to solve problems, delete everything called "LorbyFlashlight.exe_Url ..." and everything works perfectly.
Thanks again.
In relation to the placement of all the scenarios in one place, I will do the test and if I have doubts consult
I congratulate you on all the tools you have.

25 minutes ago, pueblov said:

Thank you very much OLIVER  for your excellent concern to solve problems, delete everything called "LorbyFlashlight.exe_Url ..." and everything works perfectly.
Thanks again.
In relation to the placement of all the scenarios in one place, I will do the test and if I have doubts consult
I congratulate you on all the tools you have.

Sure, no problem. The stacktrace indicated that the app couldn't read its own config file. Maybe something crashed it when you were using it the first time, or the AntiVirus interfered.

Scenery: as long as you don't start moving BGL files around, you should be fine. Were you adding \scenery and \texture separately? Or as a single scenery area (as you should)?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I have them all by escenery area as well https://ibb.co/GWXTvys
and the effects add them to the same name in add-ons. asi https://ibb.co/BwtLqps

A question if I put all in one addons I have to create a separate folder of effects and copy all the effects there or I can add the effects one by one per airport that you recommend.

or do I leave it as I have it, is there really any difference using it independently or all together?
Edited by pueblov