Sign in to follow this  
Guest nowhining

Beta tester of FSX

Guest fsenthusisast

Hello,I''ve used FS for more than 6 years, I've a lot of experience on it. Also I used it almost every day, when I play is a relax for me even I can replay all real procedures of the real aircrafts. So I can say I'm a verdy advanced user of FS,I've also knowledge about programation and I'm beta tester of some companies dededicated to Add-on's for FS.So, my question is: Can I become a FSX beta tester?What should I do?Am I late for the beta program?Thank's in advance for your repliesGreetz

Guest NPreston

Believe it or not Microsoft is sending out invitations to Beta Testers now. I recently became part of the team because of my involvement with a third party developer. So I'm not entirely sure on the requirements or the process of becoming a beta tester but there is still a chance you can get in on the action if you talk with Microsoft. _______________________________________Nick Preston :-kewl AVSIM Staff ReviewerEaglesoft Development Group Team Member

> Believe it or not Microsoft is sending out invitations to>Beta Testers now.Ummmmm... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest nowhining

Mentioning that you are in a closed beta is a good way to be removed from said beta. See this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=7259&mode=fullNow, I don't have experience with MS beta tests, but I have beta'd numerous other games, and all of them specifically forbade even acknowleding that you were beta testing the software, at least until the NDA was lifted, and even then some studios wouldn't release their testers from the NDA. As I recall, the beta testers for FS9 weren't allowed to mention they were in on the beta until FS9 went gold.....

I dont think we were supposed to know that :-lol

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Mentioning that you are in a closed beta is a good way to be>removed from said beta. >>See this thread:>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=7259&mode=full>>Now, I don't have experience with MS beta tests, but I have>beta'd numerous other games, and all of them specifically>forbade even acknowleding that you were beta testing the>software, at least until the NDA was lifted, and even then>some studios wouldn't release their testers from the NDA. As I>recall, the beta testers for FS9 weren't allowed to mention>they were in on the beta until FS9 went gold.....>Yes. That is very true. I will say this: whenever I have invited people to be part of the process, the mail is signed something like this:"Whether you're interested or not, please treat this correspondence as confidential..."Which up until now everyone has respected, with a single exception.People who are part of the process should treat it as confidential if they wish to remain part of the process.Cheers,Jason

I'd rather NOT know it. heheheh. But one thing about it, if you see someone who reguarly posts, disappear from the forums, then there's a good chance they are a beta--not that it makes any difference.I saw that happen with Civilization4. A couple of really active forum posters just vanished for a while.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fsenthusisast

Hi again,Tank you for the answers, I've already contacted MS but I think is an Impossible Mission to beecome BETA tester sending a mail to them.You know any contact person or any "tip" for join the BETA program?I don't know othe BETA testers experences, but apart of waht I've explained on the top, I got a lot of real flight experience, I'm BETA tetser of other Third Party companies, like FsHispanic, Gran Barajas and some others.... Also I develope aircrafts and scenaries for free for the community, in group with others like Miguel Zafra, and J. Ransted.Well my 2 cents ;-)Keeping your answersThx again!