Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

milviz 310 and reality xp gtn 750

I can't get this aircraft to follow the GSP flight plane on the Reality XP GTN 750. What am I missing? XPlane 11.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Hi,

you might want to try the just released update v2.5.16.1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, macpilot said:

What am I missing?

If the Milviz KAP 140 autopilot in the 310 in xPlane is like that in the FSX version that I use, it is closely modeled to some idiosyncrasies of the real world KAP140.  One of those is reportedly that in capturing vertical guidance for an RNAP GPS LPV or LNAV approach you must first establish on the final approach course in HDG mode, then switch to APR mode.  I know, I know! that is lateral guidance isn't it?  HDG then APR.  But that is evidently how it is.  In FSX I have mixed results even with that AP sequence during the final approach.  At KBMG the AP sequence above works just fine for RNAV/GPS 35, but does not work reliably for RNAV/GPS 17.

So what is the answer?

In FSX, in the RXP GTN settings menu, in the AFMS section of the settings, in the subsection of Navigation Features, is a setting "transition to approach".  So this again in FSX.  I do not own xPlane.  Enabling this selection in the GTN for the 310R in FSX overcomes the issue. If the same setting is there in xPlane I recommend you at least try using it and observe results.  I might say that this transition to approach if like in FSX can actually allow  you to use the APR mode of the AP to fly the complete approach from quite some distance out.  Not so realistic perhaps in its own right, but if you wait to select APR mode until the the normally appropriate time in the approach, vertical guidance may work as expected.

At least try it.  Then question Milviz for a more detailed explanation of how to reliably use a defined sequence with their KAP 140 to gain reliable vertical guidance during approach.

For more discussion on this please read deep into the topic I am linking just below?
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534991-kap140-autopilot-tutorial/

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot I didn't know about this discussion, thank you for sharing the link, it is very informative.

As for the OT I think this is more related to the latest 'fix' in the GTN v2.5.16.1 and the GNS v2.4.11.1, which solve the issue with the Just Flight Arrow III v1.6 and a few other Carenado aircraft, and it is specific to X-Plane (it was discussed a lot in the 'beta test' discussion after you've left it).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Just out of curiosity...

Are these RealityXP devices DB-updatable through Navigraph or SimCharts ? Or do they bear on the emulated Garmin software DB, and so, can only have their  databases updated by the "rather expensive" Garmin database update purchases ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@jcomm Hi, you can read more about this in the database discussion here:

You might want to further read the recommended posts too.

• Like 1