Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Expired or Invalid?? (resolved)

man, i'm having all sorts of issues with this and its really bumming me out. i just pulled up my Turbo Commander and was very excited to see the 750 automatically installed on the dash! However after 5 minutes the screen gets weird and it says "RealityXP Software Expired of Invalid", and it makes me very sad because I just bought this product YESTERDAY and now I don't have a working GPS in my airplane. 

Can someone please help. also the 750 isn't appearing in several of my planes including the Otter. And i thought i was good with computers...

Edited by dresoccer4

Hi,

I'm sorry for the out the box experience. However, this should hardly take anyone by surprise: the device tells you during boot, on the boot screens, there is an invalid license isn't it? Then, you shouldn't dismiss the MSG flashing which reminds you first it is invalid then again it will expire in a few minutes...

Just reinstall the software with the e-commerce installer and your purchase key/account password and this will authenticate your license on your computer.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

8 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm sorry for the out the box experience. However, this should hardly take anyone by surprise: the device tells you during boot, on the boot screens, there is an invalid license isn't it? Then, you shouldn't dismiss the MSG flashing which reminds you first it is invalid then again it will expire in a few minutes...

Just reinstall the software with the e-commerce installer and your purchase key/account password and this will authenticate your license on your computer.

re-installing seemed to fix it. not sure what went wrong the first time

• Like 1

hi. i just updated to the newest version, and i'm getting the invalid license message again. where does the license need to go? also how can i prevent this issue from reoccuring when the software updates?

EDIT: i got it to work by reinstalling again. seems i need to install it twice each time for the license to work? strange

Edited by dresoccer4

Hi,

are you moving any file from the C:\RealityXP folder which gets created automatically when the e-commerce installer unwraps and authenticates the license?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)