Sign in to follow this  
por930

Roll back Chaseplane update

I must have some how updated Chaseplane to P3Dv4.5 version...but i still only have P3Dv4.4. As chase plan not too happy with this move, how do i roll back the update to .37 until such times I update P3Dv4 to v4.5?

Geoff Bryce

What do you mean by "chase plan not too happy with this move"?

CP should work with 4.4 without issues even after a reinstall of the sim...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven, When I first booted up P3D and loaded an a/c, chaseplane activated. It brought up the message that a new version was released, i ignored this for a bit and chase plane worked as usual. Then for some reason, I must have ticked the message, thinking...go away...It did, but I must have told it to update(I hate this...wish it would "offer" to update or remain at the present version) then when i went back and tried to access my cameras, all internal camera selections would not move off my last selection(FMC). The external cameras worked ok? I did wonder if for some reason, it wanted me to rebuild all new internal camera views, though, did not try this. 

Also, I noticed I was using views I set up for the QW 787-8 in the 787-9, and wondered later if that had upset chaseplane at all.

So, I thought the easiest solution was to roll back to my previous P3Dv4.4 version while resolving this issue. 

I shut the whole system down for 30 minutes and when I restarted Chaseplane, all was well again with version...1.0.38. Not sure why, as I did nothing else!! Computers....

Edited by por930
later thought and later reboot

Geoff Bryce

Did you install the client only or the whole sim?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Did you install the client only or the whole sim?

Hi Keven, I updated P3Dv4 to v4.4 via client only.

Thinking about all these P3D updates, I looked at my programs and see:

Prepar3D v4 Academic 4.0.23.21468, Prepar3D v4 Academic Client 4.4.16.27077, Prepar3D v4 Academic Content 4.3.29.25520, Prepar3D v4 Academic Scenery 4.0.23.21468.

Makes me wonder sometimes when I eventually update to v4.5, if I should install all updated modules, as this mix of versions must have some effect on P3D?

Because of the installed addons, I am loathe to upset the install too much for fear of having to reinstall every addon.

A change I have just noticed is the lost ability to use the + and - key to zoom in. The screen just flicks a bit...Once, when say in Tower view, if I clicked the + i would zoom in etc?

Edited by por930
later thought

Geoff Bryce

I'm having the same issue. I use a G13 for all my chase plane views and with the update to 4.4 (client only) none of my bound keys are working anymore. Chase plane doesn't even recognize a button push when trying to assign a view to a specific button. Key presses still work on the keyboard but not on my G13.

Hi Nathan, I ended up getting the Zoom to work, but only by mapping two buttons on my Extreme 3D Pro joystic. The + or - no longer has any zoom effect since this P3D and or the CP update. Because of issues with addon updates required to sync with P3D updates, I no longer dive in with P3D updates and see what happens. I think addon updates should be flagged as "needed for latest P3Dv4.? update only" and then user can decide if and when to install the update.

Edited by por930

Geoff Bryce