Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight 1 GTN 750 FSX_SE

Didn't get a response on the Flight1 forum, so I thought I would give this forum a shot,

The other nightI had the FSX flight planner do a VOR to VOR simple flight plan. So I keyed the airports and VORs into the GTN 750. Took off the departing airport FSX ATC set me on vectors to intercept the GPS route, which it did fine. About 10 minutes later FSX ATC vectored me from GPS tracking heading on radial 208 to 145 and then vectored me back to resume navigation.  It didn't appear to be traffic that would cause FSX ATC to assign vectors.
I don’t recall this ever happening with the standard GNS 500 series GPS. Is this a problem with the GTN 750?? It seems like there is a disconnect between the GTN 750 and FSX ATC.  With the built in GPS 530, etc the flight plan seems to be more integrated and not have issues like this.   I paid $65 for this utility, and I hope it isn't going to cause problems.  Another issue is that there are no updates in terms of the GTN 750 database compared to AIRAC, which drives the FMS systems.  Is this an oversite by Flight1?  Or is this an example of of obsolete unsupported add-on issue? 

Thanks!

Its my understanding that FSX ATC does not communicate with any third party add on. I also consider it to be the most flaky part of FSX and I haven't t used it for any navigation for about 10 years.