Ray, it was the only way I could think of to express how pleased I am with FSUIPC, (despite missing out the 'S') and what I have been missing out on all this time !

So many thanks for your encouragement.

J.R.

15 minutes ago, John_Ryall said:

Ray, it was the only way I could think of to express how pleased I am with FSUIPC, (despite missing out the 'S') and what I have been missing out on all this time !

So many thanks for your encouragement.

J.R.

John, your post doesn't really tell me what you've done to enjoy FSUIPC so much. Are you using it to program GoFlight switches for the PMDG737 as I mentioned a while back?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I haven't got that far yet. I do have the PMDG 737 downloaded but there were some issues when I installed it. This was prior to FSUIPC. it seemed to conflict with GF-MCP PRO when used with default aircraft. That problem went away when the 737 was uninstalled. I will get round to trying it again soon.  But at the moment I have more than my hands full with programmable keypads and button boxes doing things that were not possible without FSUIPC. It's amazing how many default 737-800 switches and knobs can be assigned which are not available in FSX control setup. To say nothing of throttle and trim adjustments, creating a 'dead area' when the joystick is centred. I find I am spending almost as much time setting up and learning at the same time, as flying. I expect it will all settle down soon though.  At the moment most of my spare time is spent studying Arduino, mainly looking for sketches, any pointers?

John, the GoFlight MCP PRO is fine with the PMDG737. You have to use the GF Config software to change it to Compatible Addon. But for default aircraft just use the Default autopilot option.

With the PMDG you get VNAV and LNAV. With default you don’t get those and have to use V/Spd and Heading.

Arduino? Sorry, never heard of him.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray, I thought it must be something straightforward. Obviously I have GF config but never thought to change anything on it ! 

Now, not sure if you're pulling my leg or not but Arduino make microcontrollers but they need to be programmed, they call the programmes sketches. I am looking to see if I can put together my own button box to emulate EFIS. It's another steep learning curve at the moment, but I'm getting somewhere.

John, never heard of them, honest. Why not wait for GoFlight to resume business and buy the EICAS addon from them? Or contact Bob at RC Simulations in Bristol and see if he has one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I might try that in the future, but to be honest I am finding the research for this DIY project very satisfying. Not sure if I've mentioned this but I had a very bad experience with a Goflight EFIS I bought from Aerosoft. To cut a long story short they messed me around for a long time and it took me ages to get my money back.  

John, each to their own of course but I'm surprised you had problems with Aerosoft. They're pretty reliable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I have obviously given a one sided account of the Aerosoft affair.  I am generally very happy with them, used them before this, will probably use them again in the future and would recommend them.

The problem was one of their techs contacted me and said he could probably find a 'work round' solution to my problem, in  a couple of days. This turned into a few more days, then weeks etc. Until after two months I finally lost patience, contacted their management and had my money back within a few days. So you see the problem was with only one individual who unfortunately was employed by Aerosoft.

Fair point John. Sounds like he let their side down.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather