I have been flight simming for a couple of years since retiring. I'm afraid I haven't ventured very far since the early days, FSX Steam & default aircraft etc. I do have a GF-MCP PRO which I am very happy with. I am now thinking of expanding/updating (P3D perhaps) and even adding hardware to my setup, possibly EFIS.  One thing I keep encountering is 'Pollypot Goflight Interface Tool' But I can't for the life of me work out exactly what it does. I have tried watching a couple of video tutorials but they just confuse me even more. (Might be an age thing!) I would be very grateful if some one could explain to me in plain language what Pollypot GIT does.

Many Thanks

John Ryall

Trying to keep it simple.....it is software to interface your FSX/FSX-SE or whatever flightsim to actual hardware like radio dials or autopilot controls that are sitting on your desktop.

index.jpeg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for link.  I think I am going to be seeing a lot more of it in the future ! It still seems very daunting, I will have to concentrate a lot more.

What I am trying to figure out is will GIT connect my GF-MCP pro (which is currently working in FSX with GF Config.) to any FSX or P3D default aircraft ?

Cheers

John.

Hi John,

It works automatically with the MCP PRO and EFIS (amongst other devices) for the PMDG NGX, 777 and 747. There are configs available for download on the website for these two devices for other aircraft made by customers.

It has the potential to work with any aircraft, but it is an interfacing tool and it depends on what the aircraft developer has "exposed". I guess what you saw in the videos was using Detective to find out what to do when there is no config available for download. Its looks complicated, but once you get your head around it, its fairly straight forward.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve,

Again thanks for the time and advice. I appreciate this must be very straightforward for many but very daunting for a beginner, especially fast approaching the big 70! Still I will keep at it and hopefully get there eventually. I have found that often trial and error is as fast a learning aid as any. If the worst should come to the worst there is always uninstall / reinstall !

Best Regards

John.

Hi John,

I recently purchased GIT so I could take full advantage of not just my MCP-PRO with the PMDG737 but also the switches on my GoFlight T8 modules.

Using a combo of GIT plus the power of FSUIPC5 and the PMDG SDK I have programmed a switch that turns on GRD PWR instead of the multiple actions using the CDU menu and overhead.

Another switch turns on Engine anti-icing and window heat. Not one for the purists but when you have a limited number of switches you have to put them to full use.

GIT is powerful software with a learning curve but well worth the effort to learn it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. 

You have put a lot of valuable information into a few short sentences.

The general feeling I am getting is that GIT is not easy to master, but worth the effort at the end of the day. So I shall have to stick at it.

I am already making full use of a programmable keypad to operate lights, radios and GPS etc. As you said, not one for the purists, but hey, it's my aeroplane!

Thanks again for your time.

John.

Hi John, it isn’t easy but Steve, the author is very helpful. Post on his forum if your stuck with anything. Powerful software does have a steep learning curve but once you have mastered it the world is your oyster.

Those programmable keypads are really useful with flight sim. We never have enough buttons! 😀

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, I have been overtaken by events a little bit and don't have the same urgency for GIT.

But I have become so intrigued by it and its potential that I am as determined as ever to learn as much about it as I can regardless of need. Knowledge is a powerful tool!

I know what you mean about buttons, my pad has two 'layers' of 58 buttons each and I am already using the second layer. What we need is programmable keypads with dials.

Cheers

John.

Hi John,

With so many buttons available you really should look at programming buttons specifically for thr PMDG737. You will need a registered version of FSUIPC5.

Have a look at this post. It's what I used to program buttons / switches with multiple actions using FSUIPC and the PMDG SDK. Explained very well and a godsend.  https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85925-how-to-program-joystick-buttons-and-keys-to-control-pmdg-aircraft/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, John_Ryall said:

Why didn't someone MAKE me use FUIPC before now ?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather