Sign in to follow this  
astro_liam

Slow to Climb?

21 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

Will the engine start with its CL in Fuel SO

Since Fuel SO means fuel shut off, hopefully not! 😉

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Since Fuel SO means fuel shut off, hopefully not! 😉

Exactly this is why I am confused when he says, "Condition Lever - FUEL SO or FTR position......" 😁

Jevon 

8 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

Exactly this is why I am confused when he says, "Condition Lever - FUEL SO or FTR position......" 😁

Fuel SO when the engine in stopped during cockpit preparation for the flight, or FTR when the engine is already running, e.g. after landing, when you reach the stand. Propeller brake is installed only on no.2 engine. I've described the order of the actions in the previous post.

6 hours ago, FDEdev said:

No. He didn't. Read again. He wrote 65-68 degrees, that's the PL angle, not torque.  Torque should be 90% and prop RPM 100%.

There is no 'middle' notch since there's only one notch.

When I takeoff, the CL is in the Auto position notch, and the PL is in the notch about midway - 68%. The switch is set to TO..... but the engines are showing around 60 to 70 percent torque, not 90.

Could you do a movie covering the entire cockpit by panning around? There is for sure something deactivated. (EEC, PEC - these two on center panel,  MFC - on the overhead panel, takeoff bugs not set properly - on torque indicators etc)

It is possible I am getting the numbers mixed up. I've only had a couple of takeoffs.

Will take a closer look soon.

I don't do 'movies' .... I was banned by the judge, after the last 'incident' !

You can do and send it to me, not to the forum. I cannot help you otherwise. Or, in carenado's folder, there are the procedures to be followed, follow them strictly and it should be ok.

I've found on youtube two clips describing the Power Levers Positions.

Every time the PL stops in any position shown in the videos, there is something like a gate and you have to apply a small amount of force to go over that stop (position).

Sorry if I shouldn't post them here on the forum...

Edited by 46Pilot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 46Pilot said:

Fuel SO when the engine in stopped during cockpit preparation for the flight, or FTR when the engine is already running, e.g. after landing, when you reach the stand. Propeller brake is installed only on no.2 engine. I've described the order of the actions in the previous

Let me ask a different way, does the engine have to already be on with propeller spinning before the hotel mode can be activated?  If not, if no engines are on and i want to start the engine in hotel mode other than the aux pump and everything else you listed is the #2 engine start essentially the same from there......i get taxiing in and turning it on that way. I want to know how the guys that use if for the planes first flight of the day use it PRIOR to departure.  Thank you for your patience with me.....

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

No, you can engage the propeller brake in two different situations.

1. Engines are off and you may need DC power and / or air. In this case, you first engage the prop brake before starting the engine;

2. After landing, when the aircraft reaches the stand, the engine is on with the propeller spinning, the crew will engage the prop brake (engine is still on, but the propeller is stopped from spinning) until the ground crew connect the GPU to the aircraft, afterwards the cockpit crew will shutdown the engine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 46Pilot said:

You can do and send it to me, not to the forum. I cannot help you otherwise. Or, in carenado's folder, there are the procedures to be followed, follow them strictly and it should be ok.

See here - https://youtu.be/5sPFaXAAXx4

You can clearly see (despite the awful video quality) a few things.

The CL is always at max forward for takeoff and climb.

The PLs are in the second notch (just before the red band) for takeoff and climb. If you use a throttle quadrant, you can feel the second notch, just before the red line.

This gives 90 to 100 percent torque for take off, and once FADEC is set to CLB, it goes to around 80 percent.

Once at cruise, the PLs and CLs are brought back to the central notch / auto position which gives around 60 percent torque.

If you only advance the PLs to the central notch, you only get 68 percent torque, which is woefully insufficient to take off and climb out.

This also exactly what happpens in the Carenado on my system.

Edited by GeeBee

The plane in the video is an ATR 42-300 says the description which has different engines (PW120) and they aren't even FADEC controlled AFAIR.

60% torque for cruise is way too low. Should be well above 100% in case of the -500. 

Some goes for climb power which should be well above 100%.

Btw, you can't set  FADEC to climb, FADEC controls the engine.

It's really strange that you and 46Pilot are seeing this big differences and I don't think that the FADEC switches in the Carenado ATR make any difference concerning operation and available power.

Edited by FDEdev

The posted link is not relevant and the ATR does not have FADEC. There are major differences between older series and -500, so the materials based on -200 or -300 used on -500 will not have a great success.

I am already working on some documentation, but first I'm waiting for an answer from Carenado, to see if they want to collaborate or not. Afterwards, I will either send them the docs, to create a patch, tutorial, flows in the cockpit, abbreviated checklists based on daily operations etc, beside removing the existing bugs, or I will put the docs here on the forum, in a new topic, but they will not be accurate in the sim due to existing bugs, just for orientation or general explanation for how the ATR should be flown.

Soon I will create a new topic with all the bugs I've found so far, including a new ones since my first post, where the other forum members can share what they have also discovered.

I really want to make the ATR from Carenado as real as I can, because in real world is a great aircraft, it is really enjoyable to fly and would be a shame to have it so unrealistic in the sim (there are a ton of bugs to be removed, sounds to be changed, some engine parameters are wrong etc).

Just hoping for the best and Carenado team to accept to work together to create a better version of this aircraft!

Edited by 46Pilot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 46Pilot said:

I am already working on some documentation, but first I'm waiting for an answer from Carenado, to see if they want to collaborate or not. Afterwards, I will either send them the docs, to create a patch, tutorial, flows in the cockpit, abbreviated checklists based on daily operations etc, beside removing the existing bugs.

Chances are zero that they will create tutorials, flows etc. Their product development schedules are way too tight for more than basic bug fixes.

I'm very curious which bugs you have found! Can you list them here?

@FDEdev I was editing the post while you posted. There is another topic where I have posted the bugs, since then I've discovered much more bugs, although the list is not updated in the respective topic.