Sign in to follow this  
Guest may05amad

The 36 Highly Detaled Cites in FSX!!

Guest ditopilot

Hello dear friends,Does any know the names of the "36 highly detailed cites" in the FSX? I really would love to know which are they since I plan to do most of my VFR simming around them! As you can guess I am a very eye-candy pilot in the block! Please MS FS Team, PLEASE be kind to give an answer to this question and be blessed while doing it!Thanks a million!

> Does any know the names of the "36 highly detailed cites" in the FSX?I was wondering the same thing..

Look at the detailed cities list for FS9 and you'll have most of them already...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest ditopilot

>Look at the detailed cities list for FS9 and you'll have most>of them already...Can you please tell me how can I check them out in FS9? From a manu, for example, and how many are they? (Chicago IL USA, for example, doesn't look detailed to me nor New York city is, in FS9; Are those two cities in such list in FS9?)Thank you for your help!

I think so, check the scenery library option in FS.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>>Look at the detailed cities list for FS9 and you'll have>most>>of them already...>>>Can you please tell me how can I check them out in FS9? From a>manu, for example, and how many are they? (Chicago IL USA, for>example, doesn't look detailed to me nor New York city is, in>FS9; Are those two cities in such list in FS9?)>>Thank you for your help!Well, if Chicago and New York in FS 9 don't seem detailed, I'd encourage you to look at a town like Cleveland or Frankfurt. Then go back and look at Chicago and New York again. :)In all seriousness, we spend a considerable amount of effort updating data and adding objects to make areas across the globe look more and more real, and each version we spend more time on a few locations, giving them more attention. Even so, we haven't been able to give the same level of detail that exist in some add-on packages (like Aerosoft's version of Manhattan, for example). And that won't change with FSX.But we *have* quadrupled (at least) the amount of such work in this version of FS . I'm not gonna tell you where those areas are (at least not yet.), but I *think* y'all will like it.At a minimum it'll give you something to look at until the 3rd party stuff gets in... ;)Cheers,JasonJason

Guest ditopilot

First of all, I am truly delighted that a MSFT member answered my question; THANKS!He said, "Well, if Chicago and New York in FS 9 don't seem detailed,I'd encourage you to look at a town like Cleveland orFrankfurt." Now I see. Chicago IL then looks very detailed compared to Cleveland, OH! But as for the 36 FSX highly detailed cities, I am already shouting for joyful antecipation just by looking at some of the FSX screen shots already released. Help, I can't stop dancing!!! And again, keep up the good work!Blessings from Above to you all,ditopilot

Guest ditopilot

>Thanks Jason:>> You're a great guy....regardless of what Tdragger says>about>you:-lol >> DennyHeeeey, don't make them turn on each other before the work is done! ...Just kidding

"y'all" is a clue folks......Dallas possibly! :-)

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Guest Ken_Salter

Nah, Mobile, AL (my hometown) is what he means! :-lol

>But we *have* quadrupled (at least) the amount of such work in>this version of FS . I'm not gonna tell you where those areas>are (at least not yet.), but I *think* y'all will like it.>Cheers,>>JasonWell, if the number of cities getting a significant upgrade has been quadrupled, and just a quarter of those are in the U.S., then I'll cross my fingers that my hometown is one of the cities. (Clue: a famous horserace is run here the first Sat. in May) ;)

Ken

Ummm, the Kentucky Derby? Louisville, Kentucky?Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Yeah, that was pretty easy, wasn't it? I know Jason isn't going to divulge any of the city upgrades right now but I do hope that Louisville is one of the cities.

Ken