Sign in to follow this  
Guest may05amad

The 36 Highly Detaled Cites in FSX!!

Even though they have quadrupled the amount of work they've done I doubt that Cleveland will make the cut, and Cleveland is bigger than Louisville, right?I could be wrong. Maybe my home town will make the grade. Home of the Hopman Cup.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Even though they have quadrupled the amount of work they've>done I doubt that Cleveland will make the cut, and Cleveland>is bigger than Louisville, right?>>Mike.Well, we're trying to think about *outside* the USA. Perhaps "y'all" was the wrong wording. How about...u allen Sie allerεσείς όλοιvoi tuttiすべて너 모두Voc

Jason, personally I will enjoy seeing any of the cities in the world you've upgraded for FSX; I'm glad that it's being done. I will take the hint that my home town isn't getting a facelift this time and that's OK. Perhaps next time. With the improved autogen, increased road data and upgraded texture resolution all of our cities are going to look better anyway. Can't wait!

Ken

What, all those pyramids weren't enough for you?

Mike Beckwith

Guest may05amad

Let's hope we got cities like Dubai and some of those rapidly growing far east cities like Shangai or Beijing:D :D :D :D

That's a great idea.....some of the worlds great landmarks! I don't know which are in FS9 but concentrate on creating stuff like the Great Wall in high detail or other items such as the Sahara or Gobi deserts. Natural Landmarks as well. That would be neat!

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Guest may05amad

At www.airports.org they have a "data center" section showing the 30 busiest airports in the world and I was thinking that it might be nice to have those 30 airports cities well developped....

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>At www.airports.org they have a "data center" section showing>the 30 busiest airports in the world and I was thinking that>it might be nice to have those 30 airports cities well>developped....>>>Well, that's sort of what we've been doing over the last couple of versions. Remember though, there's at least three legs that define "busy": aircraft movement, amount of cargo moved, and number of passengers moved.We throw a few other things into the mix: geographic proximity (so you could reasonably fly from one detailed location to the next, like Anchorage to Seattle), geographic location (don't put everything in the US), and data available.When we do a "high detail" airport, we add detail to the nearest city/locale.Cheers,Jason

Guest may05amad

Good post , nice to know....