Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Almost ready : REX announcing Environment Force

They said you need to also have SF open if you want the cloud model sync

2 hours ago, itsjase said:

So now we'll have to start 3 programs (AS, EF, SF) before running our sim.

Unless EF automatically opens Skyforce which would be useful.

This is how I would like it to work in a perfect world. If you have both Active Sky and ASCA, open up Active Sky and ASCA auto-opens and then minimizes.

It would be great if I were to own Sky Force, Environment Force and eventually Weather Force, that they would all tie into Sky Force and all auto-open so essentially one program does all. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

8 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

As long as I can make changes while flying I'll go for it....bit tired getting in and out adjusting PTA. PTA is nice but makes me tired while I find setting that suits me.....Downloaded their presets, but either to green....to blue not to my liking. Hopefully this will make breakthrough....

Have P3Dv4.5 running.

Make a change in PTA and apply it.

In P3D you now have an commamd  to reload Shaders while running.

So you will see the result right away, so no more restarting P3D...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With Environment Force, you will receive realtime instant visual feedback AS you move sliders.

There is a powerful automation mode included, so things happen automatically on-the-fly without the need to intervene. 

We have a live Discord session scheduled on Tuesday, April 23rd at 10am MST. All of the developers will be present so we can answer questions and talk about the product more in-depth.

On Saturday April 27th at 10am MST we have a live Twitch stream scheduled as well. 

• Like 3

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

24 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Have P3Dv4.5 running.

Make a change in PTA and apply it.

In P3D you now have an commamd  to reload Shaders while running.

So you will see the result right away, so no more restarting P3D...

So will this make it 4.5 dependent?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So will this make it 4.5 dependent?

This only works with V4.5

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well, this sounds cool to me, REX has yet to disappoint me so I’ll most likely grab REX EF ASAP!😁

11 hours ago, Orbitandy said:

Shader tweaks.

Will this have any influence on PBR textures? I remember PMDG stating that shader tools/tweaks may negatively impact how their PBR aircraft looked.

or is this something else?

You have right. 

If the model uses PBR textures weather shaders could to have wrong impact - shadows below clouds (shader). I hope REX will test it before release. I wrote about it in SOH, P3Dv4 corner with examples (PTA and He-111 model of AH), I’ll write about it in PTA corner here also.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hello, sorry wen bad english, google can not do it better:

If REX can do one good, then it's nice pictures to show. However, there is nothing new that has not been there before. REX loves to sell the same pictures twice and three times. The thumbnails look like "REX Real Environment Extreme" REX Real Envirnonmen Extreme v2 "REX Essentials" REX essentials with Overdrive "or" REX texture direct "as well as" REX Softclouds. "All is one product, just packed in a new face. That was in REX Sky Force 3D "as well and I hope it will not be the same with" REX Environment Force "either. The pictures on the website show the same thumbnails and the video is already old. Let's see what's actually behind it. So nothing really is new, what is shown now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alti said:

Hello, sorry wen bad english, google can not do it better:

If REX can do one good, then it's nice pictures to show. However, there is nothing new that has not been there before. REX loves to sell the same pictures twice and three times. The thumbnails look like "REX Real Environment Extreme" REX Real Envirnonmen Extreme v2 "REX Essentials" REX essentials with Overdrive "or" REX texture direct "as well as" REX Softclouds. "All is one product, just packed in a new face. That was in REX Sky Force 3D "as well and I hope it will not be the same with" REX Environment Force "either. The pictures on the website show the same thumbnails and the video is already old. Let's see what's actually behind it. So nothing really is new, what is shown now.

Because apart from the UI, you cannot really capture Environment Force in pictures.  It's selling point is the dynamic, changing lighting and colour environment relative to actual weather conditions.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For me, I prefer REAL weather conditions and lighting.  The excessive "tweakability" of this program not only makes it unnecessarily complicated, but also takes from the realism of what nature is intending.  This of course is my own opinion.

Active Sky and REX Texture Direct are too good to mess with and I can't see improving on that combo for realism. 

Stan

• Like 1

If the clouds "build" over time like in the video, I'm sold!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spilok said:

For me, I prefer REAL weather conditions and lighting.  The excessive "tweakability" of this program not only makes it unnecessarily complicated, but also takes from the realism of what nature is intending.  This of course is my own opinion.

Active Sky and REX Texture Direct are too good to mess with and I can't see improving on that combo for realism. 

Stan

Stan, good thing we have an automation mode for the non-tweakers 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

17 minutes ago, DylanM said:

If the clouds "build" over time like in the video, I'm sold!

Yep. 😄 

• Like 2

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

1 minute ago, timest said:

Yep. 😄 

Interesting... is that an Environment Force feature - or does 'building clouds / systems over time' require a weather engine (and is it exclusive to Weather Force?)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471