Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Almost ready : REX announcing Environment Force

I am also interested to see this in action.  One thought that comes to mind with shaders changing on the fly is the smoothness of that change.  One thing about ASCA I did not like was the dynamic changing of sky textures.  It was usually very abrupt and would of course cause the shaders to be a little out of whack. This was especially noticeable to me since I have my VC tuned to a specific level of brightness (I generally keep mine more on the dark side). The sky would change and my VC would then not look right.  I tend to use a single sky texture set now which prevents the issue.  Looking forward to seeing and learning more about this!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting... is that an Environment Force feature - or does 'building clouds / systems over time' require a weather engine (and is it exclusive to Weather Force?)

Right... From what I understand, the SkyForce weather engine doesn't have this 'transitional' feature, but Active Sky does it - so it's not really a totally new, never-seen-before sort of thing, is it?

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Right... From what I understand, the SkyForce weather engine doesn't have this 'transitional' feature, but Active Sky does it - so it's not really a totally new, never-seen-before sort of thing, is it?

Noo... I suppose it isn't. But my question still stands - are this feature of cloud-building a Environment Force feature, or is - well, how does it work? 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Noo... I suppose it isn't. But my question still stands - are this feature of cloud-building a Environment Force feature, or is - well, how does it work? 🙂

Yes it is, and many other things, and it works in conjunction with the weather engine that is running.

7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Sky Force WILL have that soon, and free of charge to all our customers. Also, yes, it's really new tech in Environment Force. 

• Like 4

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

2 minutes ago, timest said:

Sky Force WILL have that soon, and free of charge to all our customers. Also, yes, it's really new tech in Environment Force. 

So then I guess I'm with Anders: what makes it different from the ActiveSky's 'smooth weather transition' feature? Don't get me wrong, EF seems very interesting, I'm just confused about what it does :) I won't be able to follow the live streams planned - will there be a transcript of all the questions asked and answers provided?

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

Have P3Dv4.5 running.

Make a change in PTA and apply it.

In P3D you now have an commamd  to reload Shaders while running.

So you will see the result right away, so no more restarting P3D...

Well, I have to admit I didn't know that.....where is that  located, under weather? Thanks

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

32 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well, I have to admit I didn't know that.....where is that  located, under weather? Thanks

The command? It's under controls, a 'reload shaders' you need to bind.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

What I like is that when one weather engine developer comes with new features the others will follow and then one of them will come with new features ...

Smooth transitions AS already has. SF will have that soon too. Then SF will probably have one or more new features later AS will also have those new features + one or more extra. Then REX will come with something new...

🤔

Regarding myself , as I am using WidevieW, I have to use Fs Global Real Weather as that is, at this moment, the only weather engine that is able to sync clouds on the networked displays...

So I am waiting for REX / HiFiSim to have that too + new features...

🤓

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Biggest feature I see is finally being able to change water color.. I can finally get rid of dark blue ocean water, hopefully..

3 hours ago, JasonW said:

Biggest feature I see is finally being able to change water color.. I can finally get rid of dark blue ocean water, hopefully..

To get rid of black ocean, use Tomatoshade and reduce the water view angle from 4.0 (default) to 1.5 or your personal taste 

11 hours ago, GSalden said:

What I like is that when one weather engine developer comes with new features the others will follow and then one of them will come with new features ...

Smooth transitions AS already has. SF will have that soon too. Then SF will probably have one or more new features later AS will also have those new features + one or more extra. Then REX will come with something new...

🤔

Regarding myself , as I am using WidevieW, I have to use Fs Global Real Weather as that is, at this moment, the only weather engine that is able to sync clouds on the networked displays...

So I am waiting for REX / HiFiSim to have that too + new features...

🤓

I don't think the transitions that are coming via this program are comparable to AS's "smooth" transitions. AS more or less would keep the existing weather and load in new weather as you travelled. But If you stayed in one place long enough you could detect some changes with no real cloud building or dissipation outside of some of the default cloud forming transitions that were basically from FSX. I have certainly seen some unrealistic disappearing cumulonimbus clouds from AS. It does a good job avoiding jarring transitions most of the time, but I have seen them happen.

From what it looks like in the video, this program will emulate cloud building and dissipation by creating and destroying cloud components piece by piece. This is not something that AS currently does or any other weather addon to my knowledge.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just if Skyforce had historical weather I would probably become a complete Rexaholic.

16 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Just if Skyforce had historical weather I would probably become a complete Rexaholic.

We have the past 10+ years of accumulated historical weather data, we'll get there. 

• Like 4

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

55 minutes ago, glider1 said:

I guess that will come with WeatherForce (an free upgrade to SkyForce!) that will replace the somehow rudiment weatherengine of SF.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Small time-lapse released. Can definitely see a difference in the overall tones / shadows / gloomy feel as the thunderstorm rolls in. Looks incredible.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB