Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Almost ready : REX announcing Environment Force

So April 30th. Looking forward! 

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 4/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sethos1988 said:

The command? It's under controls, a 'reload shaders' you need to bind.

Ok I must be missing something.... In P3D, under controls I see no "reload shaders" and I am using 4.5.

Have my key assignments, axis, calibration and Other......😶

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

4 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Ok I must be missing something.... In P3D, under controls I see no "reload shaders" and I am using 4.5.

Have my key assignments, axis, calibration and Other......😶

Comes right up under Key Assignments when searching for 'Shader' with me

ejDRYHx.jpg

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Comes right up under Key Assignments when searching for 'Shader' with me

ejDRYHx.jpg

Thanks.....lol...I figured, I expected somewhere else, bu found it. Thank you

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

The clouds aren't building or dissipating they're transparent and then not transparent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It’s still operating within the limitations of the sim. There’s not going to be cloud animations of building or dissipating clouds because it’s not possible. To me their compromise looks pretty good. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The clouds aren't building or dissipating they're transparent and then not transparent. 

The video does look impressive - but I definitely see what you mean... I guess, the limitations of the sim really shows here. Are you hearing this, Lockheed-Martin?! Please majorly overhaul the weather- and cloud depictions-system. 

I guess, that this is a reasonable compromise, although it's far from perfect. 

On another note: Is this video a true timelaps (no gaps - only sped-up time) or are the video jumping in time? The reason I ask is whether the cloud-shifts are a part of the 'cloud-build-up' feature? Also I would really wish, that the shader changes are more subtle - or perhaps not as fast... but I guess, that's a personal preference.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

On another note: Is this video a true timelaps (no gaps - only sped-up time) or are the video jumping in time? The reason I ask is whether the cloud-shifts are a part of the 'cloud-build-up' feature? Also I would really wish, that the shader changes are more subtle - or perhaps not as fast... but I guess, that's a personal preference.

Anders - In looking through the manual it does appear the transitions times can be adjusted to your liking.....I guess it's hard to tell on a time lapse.  I wonder what the video scene length was in real-time.  Looks pretty cool though!

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Is automation mode just one-click? Or do you also have to choose/create a theme?

16 minutes ago, itsjase said:

Is automation mode just one-click? Or do you also have to choose/create a theme?

I think the automation mode looks at the weather environment and atmospheric conditions and determines suitable and appropriate shaders, clouds etc, without any need to pre-select.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JasonPC said:

It’s still operating within the limitations of the sim. There’s not going to be cloud animations of building or dissipating clouds because it’s not possible. To me their compromise looks pretty good. 

Actually, it is still operating within the limitations of the sprite-based (stacked billboards) cloud model paradigm. To implement cloud animations, the clouds would have to be based instead on 3D effects which would create major performance issues. It is possible to do so in P3d just like it is possible to have 3D vegetation models.

The developers of XEnviro keep promising to release a new version (1.10) of their add-on for XP11 that has 3D clouds, but so far they haven't delivered.

Active Sky adds a 3D in-cloud effect to reduce the "screen door" issue while flying through the sprite-based clouds. 

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Active Sky adds a 3D in-cloud effect to reduce the "screen door" issue while flying through the sprite-based clouds. 

I hate how that effect looks (especially at night) and turned it off. The engine does support 3D particle effects but like you said it's harsh on performance and it's operating outside of the cloud weather system of the sim.

Edited by JasonPC

Just now, JasonPC said:

I hate how that effect looks (especially at night) and turned it off.

The problem with the effect at night is that it doesn't exactly match the color of the cloud cover. During the day it looks okay to me as it is like flying through fog. 

8 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The problem with the effect at night is that it doesn't exactly match the color of the cloud cover. During the day it looks okay to me as it is like flying through fog. 

Agreed. I think however that we sometimes forget to just "experience" the flight rather than focusing on one thing or another.The flying through fog effect is just there enhancing the experience or I can focus and nit pick that one sprite blinked out rather than fade, etc.

IMHO many of the posts I read are from people who are looking for something wrong rather than enjoying something right. That's the nature of the beast I expect.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors