Sign in to follow this  
moespeeds

Can anyone help a complete noob install this thing?

Ok guys, I'd like to think I'm fairly computer literate, but x-plane has shown me what a noob I really am. I'm buried in addons and plugins and .ini files. I just want to fly!

Anyway, I'd like to try out pilot2atc, but I cannot get it to connect to the sim. This, like everything else in X-Plane, is complicated by the fact that I fly in VR. After some googling, I see that I need to install something called XPUIPC, but what version? I found a few different version, with readme files that referenced files that weren't even included in the download. 

Also, can I run Pilot2ATC on my second monitor while in VR, or do I have to drag the thing into the cockpit with me using moveVR? I'd rather leave it outside VR.

TIA

Moe Colontonio

3 hours ago, moespeeds said:

....like everything else in X-Plane, is complicated by the fact that I fly in VR.

I'm not going to suggest the obvious :rolleyes:

for now, cheers

john martin

Moe,

here’s a link to a working version of XPUIPC.

Unzip the XPUIPCandWPWideClient.zip file.

Copy the XPUIPC folder (Top folder above) to the X-Plane/Resources/plugins folder.

Open the XPUIPC.ini file located in the XPUIPC folder you just copied.

Replace the IP address on the “Server Address = 192.168.1.20” line with your computer’s IP address. The “server” is the computer that X-Plane is running on

Done.

Happy Landings

Reiner

Edited by Reiner on Tour

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Thank you very much! The previous 2 files I downloaded did not have the .ini file included.

A lot of guys knock VR, and it's a challenge in X-Plane for sure. I have been playing DCS exclusively for a year now, after dabbling in X-Plane for a month last year in Oculus Rift. This after a 20 year hiatus from gaming. I was absolutely floored when I fired up X-plane last year in VR, considering the last time I played Flight Simulator was in the 90's. There really is no beating the immersion, but it offers some interface challenges as we see here. I don't fly large planes, just small military jets and a lot of aerobatics, and these aircraft is where VR really shines.

BTW, I recently upgraded to a Pimax 5K, unbelievable. The FOV is a giant leap from the Rift.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi Moe,

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm currently using a Vive Pro and I'm interested by the Pimax 5K.

I'm flying the FFA320U exclusively and get a average of 22-25 FPS, so I would not like to have lower. I understand that the large FOV of the Pimax would definitely lower this number, but I'm interested in your experience. Do you see a huge FPS drop compared to the Rift?

Thanks,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Yes, it's significant and requires a lot of tweaking to get playable frame rates. I have a pretty decent rig, i7 7700 OC to 4.8, 32g, 1080ti OC. I see frame rates in the high 20s to low 30s with textures at medium and objects at high. That's using the "normal" FOV on the 5k, which is much better than the FOV on the rift. With my rift I could crank everything up and still have frames in the mid to high 30s. I also use that automatic FPS plugin for fly with lua that I can't think of right now. It helps. jFPS or something like that.

Moe

Thanks Moe.

As I get less and less FPS as the A320U's development goes forward (lost 5-10 FPS with the latest update), I think I will hold on the purchase of a 5K for now. I have a very good system (i9 9900K and a 2080Ti), but I will have to wait for X-Plane to take the turn of Vulkan, hoping it willl help to gain FPS...

Thanks,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert