Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cell

HD Trailer is Awesome

>I only get this error message when using the web help:>>"You've encountered error message C00D11C8 while using Windows>Media Player. Additional information is not currently>available for this error.">>Any helpful hints out there?Alex, I installed this http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/wvc1_dnload.html and it runs fine on my flightsim machine.I tried running in on my developement machine and it simply caused a hot-reboot! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I get bloody stutters in the video! And always at exact certain places!

Guest davidvoogd

Try running it at 50% speed, works a bit better for me. LOL it's almost too high of a definition! Wow does that water look AWESOME!

Guest Thad

Very nice! The (non-HD) video doesn't do this trailer justice. If you have a Media Center PC and an XBox 360 you can stream this to your tv and 5.1 surround sound system. Now if only I had a 42" plasma display.For those with problems:I noticed that a codec was downloaded (in WM10) for this video. Oddly there is some stuttering during playback which I do not experiance with other HD content. It plays very will through the XBox360 senerio mentioned above.NOTE: For those not familiar with playing HD content on a pc it takes some horsepower (i.e. cpu, mem, video) to run HD content smoothly. Here are the minimum specs. need to play a 720p video as listed by MS:Minimum Configuration(to play 720p video)Windows XP Windows Media Player 9 Series 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent 384 MB of RAM 64 MB video card 1024 x 768 screen resolution 16-bit sound card Speakers

Guest kurtj

Okay where is this HD Trailer on Simflight? I did a search for it and it came up with 0 results.

Guest kurtj

Please delete this last message. I found it.

Guest davidvoogd

Right up top on the main page you mean :( ?

Hmm, I too am getting stutters with the HD trailer, but the non-HD trailer runs fine. Here are specs:P4 2.8 ghz1 gb ramradeon 9800PRO160 GB HD

You need a dual core for FSX, even the videos ;)

Guest Karybdis

Looks all the greater in HD :)Even though I had to turn it to very slow speed to be able to watch.. heh(waiting for the reencoded version so I can see at regular speed)

Guest Jimbofly

Um, where do I find the HD trailer?James

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

I'm very pleased with the quality of work the FS-team have done, EXCEPT that the video is way too short :(When water is getting to look similiar to Half-life 2 water textures, then you know its a good thing :)

>When water is getting to look similiar to Half-life 2 water>textures, then you know its a good thing :)Hehe. I think the FSX water textures leave HL2's in the dust. I mean, once you get to about 30 ft AGL in HL2 the tiling effect is terrible ;-)-Scott