Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

FF A320 Engine Start not working

Hello,

for some reason the engine start on the Flightfactor Airbus is not working without the ground power connected before.
If I switch on both batteries, then the APU and the APU Bleed the engines are not starting.
They are only starting when I have switched on and used the ground power unit before.

I do not observe this strange behaviour with the FSLABS A320.

Does someone have an explanation for this?

Thank you!

Best regards Andreas

Don't forget the APU Generator Switch; no White Bar = no start.  Caught me out a few times.

Luckily I found it out myself. You have to switch the engine start levers back and forth several times to make it work. Is that a bug ?

4 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Luckily I found it out myself. You have to switch the engine start levers back and forth several times to make it work. Is that a bug ?

Something I have found is that once you flip the Ignition switch from NORM to IGN START, look at the lower ECAM monitor (the screen under the engines). You have to wait until it changes to show engine data. It usually takes about 2 seconds after you flip the switch. Then proceed with moving the ENG1 and ENG2 levers up 

Just something small I've run into, maybe that's how the real plane is. Otherwise you will end up moving the engine start levers back and forth

Edited by usairways56

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

When I load the A320 Ultimate, I normally put 'Start with engines running on', and when I load the Plane onto the Runway, Engines turn off, APU does nothing and the Engine switches and other things.

Of course fuel pumps to on also help 😉

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Which version is that? I tried with 1.1.3, and it worked perfectly. Maybe you were too quick. I did the complete flight planning first. Then Engine Start to IGN and wait for the ECAM page. Then start engines.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.