Sign in to follow this  
Flieger-Marius

EDRM-Repaints on the ATR42

@Flieger-Marius Beautiful work you have done with this new plane. I will have to look into your other repaints as I have a few of the aircraft you have done. Keep up the great work.

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

Just wondering why my post got hidden initially, was there anything wrong? Could a moderator explain please?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Congratulations on the great work you've done with this iconic plane.

Could you take some of your valuable time to paint this livery?

thanks in advance .-

dvance 

Edited by charliearon
Please do not post Copyrighted pictures, Use a link only

3 hours ago, Emi said:

Just wondering why my post got hidden initially, was there anything wrong? Could a moderator explain please?

The link provided is one of the disallowed links here at AVSIM.  Many times we receive requests from websites such as airliners.net to not allow links to their site.  I remember when Tom, the late owner, put out something about this as the owners of airliner.net were adamant that no copyrighted images could be place on AVSIM and no links to their site.  Accordingly, the link is in the moderator queue.  A moderator reviews these posts/topics and makes a decision on whether to allow it.  In your case, the post was approved.  More information in the AVSIM Screen Shot Rules. 

I personally see no issues with the link but sometimes the copyrighted image is placed on AVSIM and the moderator is checking to be sure the image has not been posted as that would be a copyright issue.  The only way to moderate this is to put the airliners.net in the moderator queue as sometimes the copyrighted image has the link embedded in the image and our system does not pick this up.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The link provided is one of the disallowed links here at AVSIM.  Many times we receive requests from websites such as airliners.net to not allow links to their site.  I remember when Tom, the late owner, put out something about this as the owners of airliner.net were adamant that no copyrighted images could be place on AVSIM and no links to their site.  Accordingly, the link is in the moderator queue.  A moderator reviews these posts/topics and makes a decision on whether to allow it.  In your case, the post was approved.  More information in the AVSIM Screen Shot Rules. 

I personally see no issues with the link but sometimes the copyrighted image is placed on AVSIM and the moderator is checking to be sure the image has not been posted as that would be a copyright issue.  The only way to moderate this is to put the airliners.net in the moderator queue as sometimes the copyrighted image has the link embedded in the image and our system does not pick this up.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you Jim, that explains it. I posted the image as link instead of as direct photo to avoid this copyright issue, but I can understand why you still want to check it.

Makes sense, thank you very much for your explanation.

• Like 2

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

As an aside, I find it amusing that images of trademarks are 'copyrighted' by the picture takers. It's like me taking a picture of a can of Pepsi and expecting my copyright to hold water in court.

33 minutes ago, el_kab0ng said:

It's like me taking a picture of a can of Pepsi and expecting my copyright to hold water in court.

I agree but there was a court that was set up specifically for the Internet to police infringements and they have contacted us a few times and ordered us to remove the material immediately - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

AVSIM moderators have a tough job already and we do not have the time to investigate images or manuals that indicate they are copyrighted.  We just remove.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ultimately it's your decision, but I wanted to point out the following (and I'll leave it at this):

What Works Cannot Be Copyrighted?

Works that are not fixed in some tangible form. For example, a speech that isn't recorded or written out cannot be copyrighted.
Titles, names, short phrases, and slogans, including book titles
Familiar symbols or designs, typographic variations or coloring

Ideas, procedures, methods, systems, processes, concepts, principles, discoveries, or devises
Works that are "common property" or are in the public domain, like historical facts or measurement conversions.

Please kindly make a TAROM repaint. 

They are actual real world operators of the type, not historical, not fictional. It would be great to grab a nice EDRM TAROm repaint for the aircraft.

Thank you very much!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Thinking about it...

• Upvote 1

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

Any chance for the Avianca repaint? I know it's a 42-600, but I was hoping that was close enough to warrant a -500 paint.

Alright, I wasn't at my desktop over the weekend so I'll have to answer collectively:
I have two more liveries in the making and for now, I'm not planning any more than that.

Here's the third of the Swiss ones.

HB-ALN
Download

hbaln.png

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png