Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

Really new screenshots...

Guest Traffic

The DX10 render looks unbelievably real. Simply amazing.

The froth on the water in the bottom one seems to indicate an edit but the top one looks fsx ish.Ian.

Guest tcable

Like I sad, I cannot vouch, and I agree. The water *could* be a chop, but the art is is pretty good. Note the reflections on the water. They're consistient with the scene.Hornit (Jim Campisi from Simhq, and posts here) has indicated that they were shown DX10 render shots and that they looked great. I wonder if they are still running the DX10 renderer in emulation right now. I don't know if the hardware is useable for somehting like this at all just yet.

The may be a merge of a transparent picture layer on top of the original FSX picture, or it could be DX10. I'm personally skeptical until a confirmation though. We'll find out in due time what the potential of DX10 is.Ian.

Guest JSPuonti

I say the second one's an edit. Two reasons:1) The reflection of the mountain on the right side is exactly the same in both images, which is practically impossible in a "snapshot pair" like these two. The likelyhood of taking two photos of a scene with dynamic wave shaders and ending up with exactly the same reflections in both is.. well, low.2) People like to prove other people wrong; it's in our nature. Hence, if someone CAN prove me wrong the Aces team have pulled a rabbit out of their hat and done something that hasn't seen in any game before now and we'll get pretty waves. But I doubt it ;)EDIT:Mind you, the waves we HAVE seen and KNOW to be the real deal are pretty in their own right. But I'm sure anyone would agree that waves like the ones in the second shot here have not been seen in real-time rendered games thus far.

Guest tcable

It could be the rendering used as well (a trick) with a shader layer. We'll find out soon enough. I just wish I knew the actual source of that screenshot.

Guest Thad

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the changes to the clouds/sky in the supposed DX9 vs DX10 rendering. Its

Guest JSPuonti

Err.. slashed2 posted at 8:28PM saying the second one looks like an edit. That's barely 5 minutes after the initial post.If you want to troll, at the very least get your line right :D

Second's definitely an edit.First, in water that choppy you wouldn't see the reflection.Second, there's foam showing on the water in the bottom left of the image. Unlikely that would be modeled.[edit] If that's a real FSX shot... then there's something wrong with the reflection... the swell of the water is facing the 'camera'... and thus shouldn't show a reflection of the mountain 'behind' it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest nem

>Err.. slashed2 posted at 8:28PM saying the second one looks>like an edit. That's barely 5 minutes after the initial post.Saying "this could be an edit" isn't much of a conspiracy theory in my book.>If you want to troll, at the very least get your line right>:DDitto. :)Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

Guest JSPuonti

Excellent, then we agree on two things:1) If you want to troll, do it well2) An opinion does not equal a conspiracy theory...in which case your original eye-rolling post has no basis, as I was simply stating an opinion as slashed2 did ;)Have a nice day Jens!

Guest nem

>Excellent, then we agree on two things:(...)>2) An opinion does not equal a conspiracy theoryThat's neither what I said, nor does it make an ounce of sense. Of course an opinion can be a conspiracy theory as well. Doesn't have to be though. Careful with those simplifications.>Have a nice day Jens!You too. :)Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg