Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

Really new screenshots...

If you guys really think Microsoft of all companies does not have prototype DX10 hardware from Nvidia and ATI with which to develop their new games and the Vista OS on, I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest tdragger

Well, we don't have any. Maybe someone else at Microsoft does.

Guest tcable

I've heard that ATI and nVidia should release for the Fall, but that's open to interpretation. Recall that Vista was scheduled for Fall as well and has since been pushed back.Intel also has DX10 hardware in pipleine for their embedded chipsetes related to the graphical updates of Vista. I expect that they might be first to market.I'm expecting DX10 to allow for some embellishment of the grpahics- better shadows, maybe point lighting, HDR and better haze effects via shaders. I epxpect that some areas will be faster than the DX9 code, but not more than a 'real' improvement at the same detail levels of 25%.I do not expect to see a whole new game. Tim

guys, its a really poor photoshop job, look at the water's edge near the trees, the trees are underwater... Look at the left hand side of the picture...Also the image has a bit of blend with it... The second pic is some water from another picture with slight transparency over the pic, the reflection that is slightly visible matches the exact same shape as the picture above...Also look at the bubbles in the foreground, I seriously doubt that FSX is going to model foam and froth to that degree on the water...As Jason said, it is a picture to demonstrate the type of difference that will be seen... The bottom picture is completely a photoshop job, all you have to do is look at the line where the water and land meet...Call it concept art guys...Further, the above image is similar to a photo from Windows Vista, looking at Bill Gates' presentation at CES you can see the same base mountain image as the desktop background in the presentation...http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/chr...mcrew/Vista.jpgEither it's a very tweaked image or it was shot taken from the same GPS co-ordinate in FSX as the photo was taken for windows vista...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest Dennis_k

But what does Nvidia mean by "Vista Ready" for the current chipseds, like the 6800GT 7800GT?Or am i mixing up two things.

>But what does Nvidia mean by "Vista Ready" for the current>chipseds, like the 6800GT 7800GT?>>Or am i mixing up two things.It could just mean the chips are ready to run the code, but the rest of the video card may still need to be assembled, and the chips soldered on... Just playing devils advocate... ;)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest JSPuonti

>But what does Nvidia mean by "Vista Ready" for the current>chipseds, like the 6800GT 7800GT?"Vista ready" means that the vidcard is able to accelerate Vista's new desktop environment (Aero or Glass or whatever it was called) which to my knowledge does not require DX10 support (rather it makes use of DX9 code).Last I read about this the reason was that non-gaming machines wouldn't need DX10 hardware to drive the new GUI (a boon for MS, as it makes the move to Vista easier for people who want the pretty-pretty desktop).

Guest tdragger

Good for her. We still don't have any.