Sign in to follow this  
harvardfly

Vertx DA62 Config app not working

I purchased the DA62 on the 19th April  and downloaded to my P3D4 Sim but on the finish of loading the config app did not appear. The aircraft loaded OK and I can fly it but the

configuration application does not work. If I click on the config app icon I get an error message "attempt to index global tP3d version info a nil value Stack Traceback 1!(project>on start up

Line 134 in main chunk)."

I have no idea what this means. I have E-Mailed Sean at @vertxsim.com on the 19th and awaiting reply. I did install to the default location and AV was off and ran program as administrator.

Hopefully some one will know what the problem is and can offer a fix!

best regards

4 hours ago, harvardfly said:

I purchased the DA62 on the 19th April  and downloaded to my P3D4 Sim but on the finish of loading the config app did not appear. The aircraft loaded OK and I can fly it but the

configuration application does not work. If I click on the config app icon I get an error message "attempt to index global tP3d version info a nil value Stack Traceback 1!(project>on start up

Line 134 in main chunk)."

I have no idea what this means. I have E-Mailed Sean at @vertxsim.com on the 19th and awaiting reply. I did install to the default location and AV was off and ran program as administrator.

Hopefully some one will know what the problem is and can offer a fix!

best regards

Sean appears to be still be attending to other life issues. In the mean time I would try a reinstall and if that doesn’t solve your issue, try re-downloading as the original may have corrupted.

Most users including myself haven’t had this issue, so it is likely something local to your machine/process.

Good luck with it as the plane (and config app) are a gem.

Cheers Anton 

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hi Anton,

I uninstalled the program via the control panel and I also deleted any remaining files in P3D4 concerning the DA62. I also deleted the previous download and then with the AV OFF I re-downloaded

the Vertx DA62 program and installed as administrator. Unfortunately I still get the same issue but looking at the Events viewer file the Config application has crashed. The faulting application path is

C:\users\EW\documents\Prepar3Dv4Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA 62-P3D4\Config App.exe. The faulting module path is C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dl.

Under windows error reporting there is a fault bucket event name App Crash, problem signature Config App.exe not sure what to do to solve problem.

regards

@harvardfly using the event viewer you have certainly narrowed down the issue to the config app but I suspect there is something on your system, perhaps a conflict that is the root of your problem. @Matthew Campbell If you get to read this, can you throw any light on this problem.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

This problem got solved by Sean at Vertx by editing the registry with the correct path to Prepar3Dv4 software which the config app looks for in the registry.QED!

Simple when you know how.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

@antonvs Is Sean alright? He is usually good with responding to emails for support

afaik he is ok. His focus is on caring for a close family member who is not well

• Like 1

I installed a copy of Vertx Diamond 62 yesterday. Everything went well with the setup except the Config App will not load up. The aircraft is in P3D 4.5 and loads ok in the simulator. I confirm have excluded file from AV checks and scans.

I tried looking for solutions on the web and this threadf entry on Avsim suggesting that the App cannot find P3d folder because of registry issues. I am not sure if this is the cause of my problem, but I do have P3D loaded onto a separate hard drive. (E:\Prepar\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3d.exe)

The entry in the Event Viewer for the Config App failure is:

Faulting application name: Config App.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x59f89721

Faulting module name: Config App.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x59f89721

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000fbc5a

Faulting process ID: 0x3cd0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5095f5964e4ca

Faulting application path: C:\Users\mart0\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\Config App.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\mart0\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4\Config App.exe

Report ID: cf2a79b6-2152-417b-955c-7126047c1548

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be really appreciated.

Martin Bradley

Are you using the latest installer?

Have you contacted Sean?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi 

Thanks for replying. I am using the installer from my Vertx account dashboard -  v1.053. 

I have emailed Sean a couple of days ago but not received a response.

Martin 

The config app for the Vertx DA62 addon is not working. I have tried to change several settings and it make "NO" changes to the sim. For example: I set it to start "Cold and Dark" and it nor any other setting is saved. I also have the Realair Duke Turbine v2 so I am familiar with how the Config App is suppose to work, but the one for the Vertx DA62 is Not Working. I have sent several e-mail but have heard nothing back and there is no support help on the website. Is anyone else having the same problem and how can I fix it?

When you make a change in the RealAir Duke Turbine v2 Config App and then close it; there is an option to save the changes. And if you choose "Yes" the changes are saved, but in the Vertx DA62 Config App there isn't even a way to close the app. You have to goto the Task Bar and close it from there (instead of having an "X" on the app itself to close it. But even closing it from the task bar gives NO OPTION to "Save" the changes made. So after closing No Changes are Saved. I have completely uninstalled from the Control Panel and done a fresh install...And still have the same problem. So I am unable to configure the plane...Need some help...

6 hours ago, gaivy912 said:

When you make a change in the RealAir Duke Turbine v2 Config App and then close it; there is an option to save the changes. And if you choose "Yes" the changes are saved, but in the Vertx DA62 Config App there isn't even a way to close the app. You have to goto the Task Bar and close it from there (instead of having an "X" on the app itself to close it. But even closing it from the task bar gives NO OPTION to "Save" the changes made. So after closing No Changes are Saved. I have completely uninstalled from the Control Panel and done a fresh install...And still have the same problem. So I am unable to configure the plane...Need some help...

If your not seeing the red 'EXIT' button bottom right then there must be a problem with your installation.

bob

No Red Exit Button at the bottom right (or anywhere else either). The only way I can close the app is to Right Click on the app in the Task Bar and choose "Close window". And I have already done a complete uninstall and a Fresh Install and it's still the same...

Edited by gaivy912
misspelled something.

4 hours ago, gaivy912 said:

No Red Exit Button at the bottom right (or anywhere else either). The only way I can close the app is to Right Click on the app in the Task Bar and choose "Close window". And I have already done a complete uninstall and a Fresh Install and it's still the same...

something not right here if it shows the 'Save' button but not the 'Exit.

did you install to the Addons folder and have you excluded it in any Internet security.

bob

Edited by onebob