Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Short of Breath maybe?

I'm sure I'm taking this the wrong way (not you, Mr. Poster) but offensive initials not allowed is wrong with people?

I'm sure this guy would get ever more views if he nailed his feet to the floor and recited how hard it is to run when your feet are nailed to the floor. Yes, Mr Einstein. You can expect that air pressure decreases with altitude. And, golly-gee, it sure is cold up there. 

I'm sorry, but I am completely worn out by exibitionism. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

12 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I'm sure I'm taking this the wrong way (not you, Mr. Poster) but offensive initials not allowed is wrong with people?

I'm sure this guy would get ever more views if he nailed his feet to the floor and recited how hard it is to run when your feet are nailed to the floor. Yes, Mr Einstein. You can expect that air pressure decreases with altitude. And, golly-gee, it sure is cold up there. 

I'm sorry, but I am completely worn out by exibitionism. 

I agree, he is pushing the envelope, hanging around just below the beginning of the Flight Levels is a bit crazy, he risks passing out, and becoming a threat to aircraft in those altitudes.  I am amazed a PPC can climb that high, but is it fun?  There is no sensation of speed at that height, flying 500 ft-1000 ft AGL at the 17-25 mph speeds of a PPC at least would give a sensation of speed.  Also, there is no purpose to the flight, if I had a PPC I would fly cross country say twenty miles or so to another park or place to land, then back home, just to say I went somewhere.

I remember the guy who made Johnny Carson all those years ago, he attached a bunch of large helium balloons to a lawn chair, took a pellet gun up with him, and climbed quite high and used the gun to shoot the balloons to descend.  He startled airline pilots and ATC--I forgot the name of the award, but it is not given to the intelligent, just to those who stupidly want their fifteen minutes of fame.  Then there was the famed reality TV "balloon boy" in Colorado, assumed to be caught on a homemade balloon, hiding in the attic the whole time, just so the rigged affair and his family could get their fifteen minutes of fame.

I much prefer Avsim's forums for our extended fame and comradeship, whether we have agreements or disagreements at least we are not endangering others....

John