Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Moment Plane crashed at Lukla Airport

RIP. poor souls. From what I could see, it appears the pilot tried to keep the plane straight, but to no avail:. It looked to me as if a lot of left rudder (full?) was applied before the plane veered to the right. Does the nosewheel operate with the rudder on that type of plane (small enough to not require a separate tiller?). Did the nosewheel steering break?

Another recent accident for us to speculate over until the final accident report.. interesting, but sad discussions.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Another recent twin engine plane crash... A Beechcraft Duke last week in Fullerton CA...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvW-zUnC_Ds

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Poor guy! Engine failure on take off has been speculated upon. Come to think of it, could asymmetric thrust have been a possible cause at Lukla?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Another recent twin engine plane crash... A Beechcraft Duke last week in Fullerton CA...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvW-zUnC_Ds

It was just fortunate that the helo pilot was already to take off! I sure bet he had to change his underpants afterwards... :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

It was just fortunate that the helo pilot was already to take off! I sure bet he had to change his underpants afterwards... :wacko:

What’s an interesting coincidence is two of the fatalities in the Lukla crash were inside the helicopter in which the Twotter collided into.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler