Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

E3 FSX Review at 1Up.com

Link not work for me..Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

>"What we dislike: The game is still a flight sim, and as>such, has a very high barrier of entry, with a steep learning>curve.>I hear you, Manny.It's "STILL" a flight sim, he says. haha :)Thank God, I say.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey I just noticed something in that review:"Also, FSX will be updated to be fully compatible with the forthcoming DX 10, and the images look really spectacular when running on it."That means they were running on DX10? (???)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Link not work for me..>>BillLinked workedBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest JimBrown

>>>lol how far up is 100 million feet in comparison to shuttle>>orbit for example? What does it mean to the layman? How>far>>up is far up?>>1,894 vertical miles... ;)Ahem...18,393 miles.30,480 kilometers6313 leagues:-)...jim

Guest skruer

Everything you have seen until now is DX9 - when there is DX10 screenshots, movies ect you will clearly see it (it will be stamped as a DX10 screenshot).

Guest tdragger

<<> Graphically, the game has increased texture resolution to one meter per pixelCrud, that means more $$$ for me in development costs of my photoscenery... lol, oh wait, not it doesn't lol the satellite images all cost the same So that means I can say "cool".>>FSX will ship with 1m textures but the engine is now capable of much greater. Check out the photos of the settings pages in another thread. The texture rez slider is at 1m with extra space left to the right.

Guest tdragger

<>Well, before you get too excited, the article said the *camera* can now go there. That doesn't *necessarily* imply that aircraft can. To be truthful we haven't done a lot of sim testing up there so I can't make guarantee suborbital flight will be 'as real as it gets'.

Guest Karybdis

>>FSX will ship with 1m textures but the engine is now capable>of much greater. Check out the photos of the settings pages in>another thread. The texture rez slider is at 1m with extra>space left to the right.Candy to my ears :D Now I'm just wondering what the Texture Res slider in the E3 demo had set as its maximum value.

><>>>Well, before you get too excited, the article said the>*camera* can now go there. That doesn't *necessarily* imply>that aircraft can. To be truthful we haven't done a lot of sim>testing up there so I can't make guarantee suborbital flight>will be 'as real as it gets'.This means that we shouldn't expect things to start floating in our capsules while in suborbital flight? Could you allow 3rd party folks to change the G-factor in FSX? :DDavid

Guest andyjohnston

This wouldn't be sub-orbital flight.If the ISS is at 200 miles, and 100,000,000 is 18,000 miles...there'd be nothing sub[/]-orbital about it.Thanks for clarifying about the camera, Mike, I was wondering how the physics could possibly be modelled at all altitudes.

Guest andyjohnston

Wow, my last post went all bold in the middle. Sorry about that, didn't mean to shout at anyone.