Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Released: Casablanca GMMN

Despite my current P3D troubles, I can't stop myself from having a look for anything new at Simmarket. Low and behold, Prealsoft has released, out of nowhere, a rendition of Casablanca GMMN! I believe this might well be the first major Maroccan non-holiday destination. I'm pretty excited, for it looks very good! Nicly detailed models and great texturing. For the supposed quality, the price of 21 Euro seems justified. The one thing that puts me off is that it doesn't state compatibility with P3Dv4. It appears to go up to v3 only. While I've had lots of luck with older v3 airports, certainly those that do not employ some sort of custom modules to activate or place terrain, I'm not particularly keen on going with a new product without anybody reporting about it before.

So, if anybody does buy and install this scenery, would they mind leaving a post here to let me (us) know what they think? Would be much appreciated!

Here's the link:

https://secure.simmarket.com/prealsoft-casablanca-airport-gmmn-fsxp3d.phtml

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Darn, I just flew out of there! Might have to make a return trip. 

Edited by UAL4life

A little disappointing no screenshots of the military side of the field. Still, a "must-buy" for me.

Thanks for the heads up.

Disappointing as it only shows it is for Prepar3d V1/V2/V3 and not V4.

And if I had read the first post properly BEFORE using the link I would have realised that. DOH!!

Edited by wardp

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

1 hour ago, wardp said:

Disappointing as it only shows it is for Prepar3d V1/V2/V3 and not V4.

And if I had read the first post properly BEFORE using the link I would have realised that. DOH!!

Hah! Anyway, no harm done either way 😉

I agree it's disappointing. I might send the dev an email to ask what's up with that, and whether we might expect a P3Dv4 version later on.

EDIT: Checked their Facebook and as it turns out the P3Dv4 version is coming ina few days! Just hang tight.

• Upvote 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Maybe this will spur FSDG to get theirs released...their releases have been slipping like Oliver Hardy on a banana peel for 6 months.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 4/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, Benjamin J said:

Hah! Anyway, no harm done either way 😉

I agree it's disappointing. I might send the dev an email to ask what's up with that, and whether we might expect a P3Dv4 version later on.

EDIT: Checked their Facebook and as it turns out the P3Dv4 version is coming ina few days! Just hang tight.

That's really good news thanks for posting that. I'll hang on with the plastic card to hand.

Cheers

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Looks like the P3Dv4 version is up at Simmarket.

Edited by yurei

I've been looking at Casablanca but comparing the FSX/P3D v1-3 version to the P3D v4 one the space requirement is only 135Mb more. Maybe I'm expecting too much but with no memory restrictions in v4 why aren't developers going to town with these airports?

The only differences in the Main Features are the addition of windows reflections and dynamic lighting. Why aren't the 'brakes' being taken off?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Prerealsoft have merged Casablanca airport with the City package into a single product with a decent price reduction. This airport is half-way from Madrid to the Canaries so a useful place if you want two shorter flights. Very tempting.

https://secure.simmarket.com/prealsoft-casablanca-complete-p3d4.phtml

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I took the plunge and bought it. But something seems to have gone wrong with the combined installer as there are no SODE jetways visible despite it saying there were in the Features on SimMarket.

I have sent an email to the support address. Hopefully a fix will arrive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Something must have gone wrong in the installation process. I have both the airport and the city, though bought separately before the new package was made available and I confirm the airport has SODE jetways working.

Cheers,

Fouad

Edited by nizar_AF

Fouad Chakib

Thanks Fouad. I suspect it's been missed from the new package. I wrote to the support address several hours ago but no reply yet.

I just see black areas where the SODE jetways should connect to the terminal building. Hopefully the author will reply soon.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've heard back from the author of Casablanca and he has confirmed the SODE jetways are missing from the installer for the airport & city package. He is going to send me the file and instructions tomorrow.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather