Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Fly Tampa Schiphol (EHAM) performance

Hi

I have a couple of Fly Tampa Airports including Athens and Corfu which I really like. I am thinking about getting Schiphol (EHAM) but am a bit worried about performance as it's such a big airport.  Do any of you guys have experience using this airport with FSX

kind regards

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Excellent scenery as all Fly Tampa products are, if you fly complex aircraft such as PMDG, you can download less demanding textures from the Fly Tampa

website which I have done.

Mike 

On 4/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dazkent said:

Hi

I have a couple of Fly Tampa Airports including Athens and Corfu which I really like. I am thinking about getting Schiphol (EHAM) but am a bit worried about performance as it's such a big airport.  Do any of you guys have experience using this airport with FSX

kind regards

Daz

Hi Daz. It really depends on your specs. Personally, I have never had issues with addon airports, but you may want to turn of the larger addon airports when not in use.

Will.

6 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I am running an I7 4770K running at 4Ghz with a GTx 970 so should be ok

Daz

Hi Daz,

You have a somewhat more powerful rig than me and I can usually run Fly Tampa EHAM without problems in FSX although I have to be cautious if I am using it with some of the PMDG aircraft or something like the Quality Wings 787 (basically using any aircraft with a high VAS footprint). By cautious I mean I turn off scenery which I am not using and tone down some of the FSX settings. I find the scenery and simulator configurators in the SimStarter NG utility very useful for this.

Bill