Sign in to follow this  
sugarboy987

Addon Manager Crash P3Dv4.4

Hi Guys,

after the download and Installation of the newest Addon Manager my FPS in Prepar3d crash to 0,1-0,8fps

this happens 3times

All the 3 times the Sim was broken totaly, that means a new reinstall was not enought -> after a new istallation of W10 and P3d everything was fine, the same problem after a new install of Addon Manager on 20th april after the opening of Addon Manager everything crashed to 0,1-0,8fps.

Where is the problem

Please help me

Hello David,

sorry, but I don't really understand what you are saying. Installing and opening the P4AO does nothing to your simulator whatsoever - only when you press "Save". Since I cannot know what you did in P4AO I have no idea what could have happened. 

I don't think that your simulator was broken in any way. There was just an incorrect addon reference somewhere. Find it, and you simulator goes back to normal. Make sure that nothing shown in P4AO is in violet color. My best guess is, that a big AI aircraft library can no longer be found. When the sim is constantly forced to look for simobjects that are no longer there, your FPS will go down dramatically. But even if that was done automatically, you would have been advised that it happend - and it also requires that you press "Save" in P4AO. And never use the P4AO while the simulator is running.

This has never happened before to anyone (that I know of). In your case I would simply stop using the P4AO...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Sorry my english is not the best

I have installed the P4AO and I've got a massege that some Sceneries where corrected an have pressed save. After this my FPS where down. I have reinstalled P3D and all Third Party Addons and the FPS where still down. Than i have made a new Windows 10 installation, also P3d and some addons and everything where fine. After that i have installed P4AO get the Messege some Sceneries where corrected and have saved this, and my P3D was crashed to 0FPS.

10 minutes ago, sugarboy987 said:

After that i have installed P4AO get the Messege some Sceneries where corrected and have saved this, and my P3D was crashed to 0FPS.

The P4AO is not (only) about scenery. That message is telling you about ADDONS that have been moved from the (wrong/incorrect) add-on.cfg file to the correct one. Obviously something is going wrong when it does that. But even so, that is no reason to uninstall P3D or Win10, it is a simple configuration error.

• Is P4AO showing anything in violet color, on the "Scenery", the "Other addons" or the "Package" tabs?
  • What version of P3D are you using exactly?

As a quick fix try this: go to "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" and rename or move elsewhere the file "add-ons.cfg". Restart the simulator.

But - without knowing your full configuration and all your addons, there is basically nothing I can do. If you need further help, I suggest that you contact me by email, the address is on the last page of the P4AO manual.

Again: DO NOT REINSTALL THE SIMULATOR OR WINDOWS. I am sure that this is unnecessary and will do more harm than good.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yes there was something in violet, but i didn't know what (I think is was the FSdreamteam exclude but I'm not sure)

P3D4.4

Edited by sugarboy987

Just now, sugarboy987 said:

Yes there was something in violet, but i didn't know what

And that means that "something" can no longer be found on your computer. But without knowing what "something" is, there is no telling how that could affect your simulator.

You may want to look into deleting the files generated by P3D. That should reset everything to installation defaults. Here is a description:

https://flightsimeindhoven.com/prepar3d/delete-generated-files/

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, sugarboy987 said:

Need this a new full installation of all third party addons?

I have never done it, so I'm not sure. I don't think so, since addon files are not generated by P3D. But you should back up the files mentioned in the article (near the top, in red), just in case.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

15 minutes ago, sugarboy987 said:

Accepted i open P4AO and press OK by Scnery editing Reports and then I close without saving, have this any effect

When you don't press "Save", nothing should happen. But why use the app again if you are certain that it messes with your simulator? 

In any case, please create a backup of your simulator configuration files as often as possible. P4AO has a "Backup/Restore" tab where you can do that. This will save ALL your configuration files, and P4AO can restore them too.

But we are wandering around in the dark here. I need a lot more information to understand what is happening on your computer. This cannot be figured out in a forum, which is why I suggested email.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI