Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoJoDawg

Night Environment

tdragger,Since there haven't been any screenshots at night, can you comment on any "significant" changes / upgrades to the night environment in FSX? -GoldWings-

Guest tdragger

Night is the last thing the art team does so it's the last thing we show. We do have some suprises in store but why would I spoil that?

NO NO..Dont spoil it!! I want to be surprised. However, I did not know that night is the last thing art team does. So, I still have my fingers crossed! -GoldWings-

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>tdragger,>>Since there haven't been any screenshots at night, can you>comment on any "significant" changes / upgrades to the night>environment in FSX? >>-GoldWings-While I won't spoil anything, I will set expectations. Don't expect anything major this release. A few goodies. No pointlights.Yes, I agree that there is major work that can/should be done there.Cheers,Jason

So maybe on the list for FS XI then, along with... :( As long as it is dark i'm happy :-LOL

Alaister Kay

Megascenery is good at providing that type of look ;) It can also be added to by creating some streetlights and making some MDL's with an FX file attached and then you can place that GUID code into your autogen XML code and use the annotator to add the lights ;)would take some work, but it's possible...Another approach would be creating your street light MDL's, attaching the FX to em, and using a 3rd party tool like Library 12 (or whatever it's called) and manually placing the lights into your scenery oriented N/S/E/W correctly...Another option is Ultimate Terrain.Megascenery is available through PCAviatorUltimate Terrain is available through Flight 1(or wherever good FS addons are sold ;))

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Always good to guess there is enough improvements left out for future FS s.

Guest JoJoDawg

>>tdragger,>>>>Since there haven't been any screenshots at night, can you>>comment on any "significant" changes / upgrades to the night>>environment in FSX? >>>>-GoldWings->>While I won't spoil anything, I will set expectations. >>Don't expect anything major this release. A few goodies. No>pointlights.>>Yes, I agree that there is major work that can/should be done>there.>>Cheers,>>Jason>Do you mean the Dx9 release or the Dx10 release when you say "this release"? :(