Sign in to follow this  
bravodeltafr

Problem with a Logitech joystick

Hello,

With my almost new P3D, last version, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, and its hat switch can looks in all directions.
I then installed A2A Cessna 172. I started my tests to know it, and from the cockpit or outside view, the hat switch worked without problems.

When opening P3D yesterday, the hat switch only allows me to look a little up and forward, not down, not right or left, while it is well set as "View (pan)". The control of its setting in the system shows that this hat switch works normally in all directions.
I tested with a native plane (the Maulé), same problem.
I tested with 2 other joysticks (another Logitech Extreme, and Hotas), nothing to do!
I uninstalled the Logitech in the system devices, turned off the computer, and then reinstalled the Logitech.
By going back to P3D, no better.

What do you recommend ?
Put everything in the trash directly?
Uninstall and re-install the C172?
Uninstall and re-install P3D?

Thanks for your advices !

First question: Do you use or have used some sort of camera addon (EZDOK or Chase Plane)?

YES I USE: You have probably some conflicting Buttons, or have not run the Config file (EZCA)...

YES I USED: Your camera files have been changed by that addon. Search for the files, back them up (rename) and let P3D build new files.

NO (Variant 1): Just try to revert all controls to default (there is a button for that in P3D under controls). Then look for the View (Pan) section and add the Joystick button for it's control.

NO (Variant 2): I also have a Logitech HOTAS and had some trouble with the buttons. I had to open Logitechs software and somewhere under configuration, I had to touch every single button / dial / axis for the software to recognize it. Had no problems afterwards....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech