Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

Any way to stop the trim warning sound?

I recently purchased the A42 from Carenado for FSX.  I noticed during flight on autopilot the trim warning sounds regularly which surprises and annoys me.  Is there any way to turn this off or is there a fix in the works so that the warning sound doesn't come on so often?

Edited by jfwharton

I've been doing some more research on this issue and it seems to be related to EZDOK V3.  When I do a global disable on EZDOK the warning sound stops when on autopilot.  So I guess the question is how to set up EZDOK V3 so that aircraft movements it generates don't trigger the trim warning?

I checked again and this time disabled EZDOK V3 during the flight and the trim warning still sounds while on autopilot.

So I found the sound files.  Discovered after some trial and error that there are two the same,  the TRIM_ALARM.WAV and the  BUFFER_AP_TRIM.WAV.  So I backed up both and then created a blank wav file for the BUFFER_AP_TRIM.WAV file.  That seems to have gotten rid of the constant trim warning.  I hope they fix that so the time is extended so it doesn't go off all of the time.

I guess I could have also asked why is this sound coming on all of the time during autopilot operation?  What am I missing/doing wrong that is causing this?

Regarding the trim sound, the trim whooler sound is correct. Anytime the normal trim actuator is actuated during more than 1 s, an aural whooler will be generated, even if autopilot is engaged, or manually flying and pressing the pitch trim command on the yoke.

Edited by 46Pilot

18 hours ago, 46Pilot said:

Regarding the trim sound, the trim whooler sound is correct. Anytime the normal trim actuator is actuated during more than 1 s, an aural whooler will be generated, even if autopilot is engaged, or manually flying and pressing the pitch trim command on the yoke.

Thank you for the information.  I guessed it was supposed to be that way although I don't think it has been implemented well.  If I were a pilot of this aircraft that sound would drive me nuts.  I think it comes on too quickly.  A pilot should be able to do normal trim adjustments without listening to that sound.  I hope there is an update to fix this but in the mean time I have modified the sound file so that I don't hear it any more.