Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Fokker F28 Fellowship inbound!

Was browsing the Just Flight website this evening and found that they have a Fokker F28 in development for FSX and P3D. All four variants (Mk.1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000) are in the pipeline and even better news is that this is being developed by Just Flight’s in-house team which should mean that it will be a high quality product. The recent ‘Pro’ update of the VC-10 shows what the in-house team are capable of achieving and I’m sure this will also be evident in the F28 when it appears. 

https://www.justflight.com/product/fokker-f28-fellowship

Curiously the Caravelle has disappeared off Just Flight’s ‘In Development’ page having been present there for some time, but it looks as if the only products Just Flight are now listing on this page are those being developed by their own team. So perhaps Just Flight have decided to demarcate their own products from those of Aeroplane Heaven which they also market and who were developing the Caravelle.

Bill

The Caravelle, at least according to the JF team members I spoke to at Cosford last year, is a team effort between JF and AH although the split in development work is not 50/50 apparently, it's definitely more of an AH project than a JF one.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am sure that I read somewhere that the Caravelle is now a 100% Aeroplane Heaven product. That would suggest that JustFlight are no longer involved in its development.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am sure that I read somewhere that the Caravelle is now a 100% Aeroplane Heaven product. That would suggest that JustFlight are no longer involved in its development.....

JustFlight mentioned on their website that they have recently expanded their team including new members heavily experienced in the development of study level aircraft which is perhaps why they have decided to go it alone with a lot more products. I think this is a good move which should considerably enhance the reputation of JustFlight. Unfortunately however it might not be such a good move for the Caravelle.

Bill

Edited by scianoir

F28 Fellowship, that's a blast from the past. Living in the far North of Western Australia,during the 1970's  I used to fly in them regularly down to Perth. They were operated by the now defunct MacRobertson Miller Airlines, known locally as Mickey Mouse Airlines 

Neil 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:28 PM, scianoir said:

Was browsing the Just Flight website this evening and found that they have a Fokker F28 in development for FSX and P3D. All four variants (Mk.1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000) are in the pipeline and even better news is that this is being developed by Just Flight’s in-house team which should mean that it will be a high quality product. The recent ‘Pro’ update of the VC-10 shows what the in-house team are capable of achieving and I’m sure this will also be evident in the F28 when it appears. 

https://www.justflight.com/product/fokker-f28-fellowship

Curiously the Caravelle has disappeared off Just Flight’s ‘In Development’ page having been present there for some time, but it looks as if the only products Just Flight are now listing on this page are those being developed by their own team. So perhaps Just Flight have decided to demarcate their own products from those of Aeroplane Heaven which they also market and who were developing the Caravelle.

Bill

I flew on one of these between Dallas and Detroit is back way back in the 90's (odd to say the 90's are way back).  Only flight ever on a Fokker, and I was not even supposed to be on it, I was called up to Detroit on an emergency when a Doubletree hotel in Southfield ran out of hard drive space and I had to replace their Novell server with a new one.  I was in the middle of doing some business systems training in Houston and had to fly to Detroit via Dallas and back the next day to complete my training for our Houston property.  While I was in Houston me and my partner went down to Galveston's Moody Gardens for a wonderful visit, it is worth the day trip from Houston if one is ever in the area.

The rarest airliners I have ever flown on were the Fokker, a BAC111 between London and Amsterdam, and a DC8 Super 63 on two transatlantic crossings (coming and going), my first Oceanic crossings back in '77.

John

Um, "...my partner and I..." :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 4/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, John_Cillis said:

The rarest airliners I have ever flown on were the Fokker, a BAC111 between London and Amsterdam, and a DC8 Super 63 on two transatlantic crossings (coming and going), my first Oceanic crossings back in '77.

I’ve flown on all the Fokkers from the F-27 up to the Fokker 100 over the years mainly courtesy of Aer Lingus, Air UK and KLM. Living in Europe, I’ve also flown on One-Elevens of various airlines including lots of student flights to various European airports on the colourful One-Elevens of Court Line in the 70s at bargain basement prices. Some of my rarer airliner flights were on the HP Herald, Vickers Vanguard and Sud Caravelle but the rarest must be a one hour flight on a Short Sandringham flying boat.

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of a DC-8 flight but have flown on quite a few 707s although never on transatlantic crossings, all of which have been on a variety of wide bodies since my earliest ones on Aer Lingus and Pan Am series 100s. On my first Aer Lingus TATL crossing, I was lucky enough to be allowed to sit in the jump seat all the way from Nova Scotia to KJFK including the landing on 13L. Those were the good old days!

Bill

The only Fokker I've ever flown on was a 100 from IND to CLT. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals