Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

Aircraft Designation

Team

I've noticed the file "AircraftDesignations.xml" in the "users\ ....\internal workings" folder has some interesting data which one can only guess helps Vox742 process "instructions etc." to one's aircraft, for example issuing climb / descent clearances.

Has anyone a more complete understanding of the file's purpose & / or should one include more precise detail (a new profile) for one's aircraft including it seems a reference to its simobjects detail (similar to the references shown in the subject file).

All notes will be appreciated.

for now, cheers

john martin

John,

I think that file did something in V6 and earlier, but I'm not sure whether it does much if anything in V7. If you run the VOXATC Panel Select utility and your user aircraft doesn't show up, you could try adding a new entry to AircraftDesignation.xml. I'm pretty sure that VOXATC V7 has no problem reading all the aircraft.cfg files and the performance entries, but if you notice a discrepancy in the way VOXATC instructs climbs and descents, you could try editing the entry for your user aircraft. Also, those lines entitled    <AirlineCallsign Prefix="xxxx" /> used to allow V6 users to change the mix of ATC chatter, but since V7.42 uses the real schedules from your AI traffic BGL files, I'm not sure that those entries do anything anymore.

I can check further though, if you want me to look at what the file does.

Jay

36 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I can check further though, if you want me to look at what the file does

Jay

Thanks ....... but only if you are as "moderately" curious as I.

There seems little correlation between the panel utility's list & the inclusions in the subject file nor am I sure what data other than some dimensions could Vox source by itself from the sim (& the file's list is a "port" from FSX).

My "curiousity" begins when I read the data for a similar B738 in the file limits max alt to FL350 whereas I often plan / fly above that.

Then I think why are the "step climb" clearances I receive "late" (ie within 1000' of the previously cleared) when the file's data suggests the 6500fpm climb would give an earlier call.

Bottom line thinking (so far) ....... one should have a more specific profile which refers to the aircraft's FSName :huh:

Will try & report.

for now, cheers

john martin