Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Glass Panels for the Cessna?

>It is a misconception to think Terrain map = Bad>performance!>>You'll be amazed at how good the Reality XP ST3400 TAWS/RMI>(Terrain map directly from the 3D terrain mesh of FS +>sophisticated EGPWS terrain collision detection) runs on any>computer.>>Hope this helps!Oh look, an advertisement. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>It is a misconception to think Terrain map = Bad>>performance!>>>>You'll be amazed at how good the Reality XP ST3400 TAWS/RMI>>(Terrain map directly from the 3D terrain mesh of FS +>>sophisticated EGPWS terrain collision detection) runs on any>>computer.>>>>Hope this helps!>>Oh look, an advertisement. ;)Ha Ha, correct Ed. :-lol :-lolJL does have a point but his goal and technique is specific to that set of avionics and does not meet the goal that Eaglesoft is reaching for.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>You really don't need to be rude to convey a message, do you?>that's precisely the kind of comment that probably was the>reason why Microsoft people weren't posting publicly in forums>until recently.Just getting back to this, looks like the first post was edited...Wasn't at all trying to be rude, it was said tongue in cheek and the marketing department I am assuming is separate from the ACES team, if I'm wrong then I'm completely sorry, as it was not meant to be construed the way these two have apparently taken it.I was just saying to the ACES dev team to not let the marketing guys give them too much to live up to Unfortunately sometimes a sense of humor doesn't come across quite right when it's words written down on the internet...I'm totally sorry if I caused any sort of offense, it wasn't meant and certainly wasn't intended to come across the way it appears to have in some camps, it was just a friendly tease saying to the guys at the dev team to make sure the marketing heads at MS don't give them too much of a hard time ...Anyway hope that clears that up...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

"Personally, I don't want such things in FS at all."J, you may find yourself in a distinct minority as real world manufactures such Piper, Cessna, Raytheon, and Columbia, along with Cirrus and Adams, continue building their Glass equipped aircraft.:-)A recent visit to Sun N Fun reveals that even the new Sport Pilot aircraft include Chelton, or some other Glass Avionics, in almost every aircraft we observed:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>>It is a misconception to think Terrain map = Bad>>>performance!>>>>>>You'll be amazed at how good the Reality XP ST3400 TAWS/RMI>>>(Terrain map directly from the 3D terrain mesh of FS +>>>sophisticated EGPWS terrain collision detection) runs on>any>>>computer.>>>>>>Hope this helps!>>>>Oh look, an advertisement. ;)>>Ha Ha, correct Ed. :-lol :-lol>>JL does have a point but his goal and technique is specific to>that set of avionics and does not meet the goal that Eaglesoft>is reaching for.:-)>> I wasn't even thinking about his goal and technique... it just seems every single time I see him post it's an advertisement for his products. An advertisement is not necessarily something that helps the actual topic and it's a rather shallow approach (in my opinion) to responding to a person's comments.As a customer of RealityXP, I can firmly state that not all of their gauges work on all computers, I have one that has never worked on mine. So, sorry JL... but you're wrong... for posting an advertisement, and wrong for claiming your gauge works on all computers (not saying it doesn't work, just that the claim is over-reaching with no actual fact to support. He couldn't possibly have tested it out on all computers). Nothing personal, you just hit two of my pet peeves about public forum postings.FYI, had a customer posted a suggestion/statement regarding RealityXP's gauge... that would have been totally different.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69