Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

Will FSX default VC's be more functional?

Guest nigel28

I love flying the default aircraft with the VC because it is frame rate friendly compared to the addons. However, I would like to see more functionality with them. Especially the lear. I love flying it but a lot of the VC is purely decorative. Can someone say if it will be more functional?? FOr NDA purposes I am not wanting specifics...just a general yes more than fs9 or not :)

Guest tdragger

There will be more things that work in FSX VCs but there will also still be some "window dressing". Tradeoffs, tradeoffs, tradeoffs...

Guest nigel28

cool!! thanks for the fast reply. I know everything cant be modeled however, a few more things such as an apu, enviro systems, or something to make flying the default aircraft more immersive are extremly welcomed on my part!!

Guest tdragger

APU and fire suppression come to mind as just a few of the things I think you'll like.

Guest nigel28

now that is excellent news!!! If I could milk you for a little more info, will the navigation selector that sits underneath the glareshield be functional on the lear?? It looks great as "cockpit dressing" but I was always hoping to reach out and turn the knobs on it.

>APU and fire suppression come to mind as just a few of the>things I think you'll like.I think I had heard someone else of the team say 'this or that mission at E3 could also show how I can set your engines on fire'... *:-* Not quite sure who it was, but finally, that sounds like some good new failure options out there, and FINALLY, looks like we also got APUs - Yibbee!!! :-hah

Guest nigel28

yes, the APU thing really got me excited.

>in a DC-3?Of course not! But, if you think for a moment, if we can have operational APUs, how hard would it be to have an operational GPU? ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

> how hard would it be to have an operational GPU? ;)Thats would be a novelty, but I don't think we're going to see it until DX10 is here ;)

Guest tdragger

I'd answer if I knew what you were talking about. :(

>I'd answer if I knew what you were talking about. :(What Mike? GPU = Ground Power Unit (funny little generator on wheels that provides Ground Power to the a/c) ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone for a Hawker Siddeley HS.121 Trident 3B APU... :-D

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest tdragger

I was referring to the "navigation handle" question.