Sign in to follow this  
Hermansundboe

Unable to launch PSXseeconTraffic

Just recently bought a license for RealTraffic and wanted to try the PSX. Problem is that I am unable to launch PSX. Whenever I try to open it, it just opens for about 2 seconds before it shuts down. No error message. Have tried reinstalling multiple times. I am trying to launch it as admin from the directory "PSXseeconTraffic". Have tried both of the launchers, but to no avail. Does anyone know what this issue might be and how it can be resolved?

Edited by kiek

4 hours ago, Hermansundboe said:

Just recently bought a license for RealTraffic and wanted to try the PSX. Problem is that I am unable to launch PSX. Whenever I try to open it, it just opens for about 2 seconds before it shuts down. No error message. Have tried reinstalling multiple times. I am trying to launch it as admin from the directory "PSXseeconTraffic". Have tried both of the launchers, but to no avail. Does anyone know what this issue might be and how it can be resolved?

You should give more info: What OS are you using? What Flight Simulator? Did you try the 32 or the 64 bit PSXseeconTraffic? What version of PSXseeconTraffic (14.4?)

Is there a Log.txt file produced? If so, please post it.

21 hours ago, kiek said:

You should give more info: What OS are you using? What Flight Simulator? Did you try the 32 or the 64 bit PSXseeconTraffic? What version of PSXseeconTraffic (14.4?)

Is there a Log.txt file produced? If so, please post it.

I'm using Windows 10. FSX:SE. Tried launching both, but mostly 32 bit. Using version 14.4. There is no log file. The application opens and closes. The mouse is showing a loading icon for 1 or 2 seconds before it shuts down. 

27 minutes ago, Hermansundboe said:

I'm using Windows 10. FSX:SE. Tried launching both, but mostly 32 bit. Using version 14.4. There is no log file. The application opens and closes. The mouse is showing a loading icon for 1 or 2 seconds before it shuts down. 

Does it shut down, or is it out of sight? Have you checked the task manager?

Try to delete c:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\PSXseeconTraffic\parameters.xml and start PSXseeconTraffic.exe again.

Edited by kiek

Any progress to report?

Edited by kiek

Hey, sorry for late response.

The application shut downs. I can see the window for 1-2 seconds before it shuts down.

There is no PSXseeconTraffic in the roaming folder. The only PSXseeconTraffic folder exists in "C:\". I cant seem to find a file named parameters.xml there either.

Trt 14.10