Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Has anyone tried Falcon 4: Allied Force?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can give me some details on Falcon 4: Allied Force. Like, do you need the original Falcon 4.0 or can you just buy Allied Force. How are the graphics, are they up to date with our current expectations? Or anything else you can add to this.Thanks!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

It's a new stand alone prog, previous version not required. New Balkins theater, better stability, ONLY F-16's, no more "fly any airplane". If you were into the orginal F4, you'll like this. Sorry I can't give more details but I still find it hard to peel my hands off my yoke and hook up the HOTAS more often without a cattle prod to my behind. Is it groundbreaking and new? No not really, but it is good old F4 without the headaches and flakiness the original or haxorized version were so known for. Jay EklundCAT VI First Officer KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest metamarty

I've recently bought it. It is my first military sim and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Flight model is very smooth and pretty strange for someone who flies cessna's and pipers in FS. I find it pretty easy to fly, especially since my experience with the CS F104. I love the cockpit modelling with all rader modes, etc. The dynamic campaign is great, it models a real war going on with ground units, naval units, aircraft etc, so every mission has a real purpose.Graphics are adequate. Not state of the art but not ugly either. The cockpit is state of the art. The environment is pretty nice, I would say about standard FS2004 mesh quality. Airports look a bit like FS2004 default airports. The sim gets quite beautiful once you pass 50000 feet: the sky gets darker and you can see the rounding of the earth, something FS2004 still misses. The graphics engine is not as sophisticated as FS2004 though: lots of trees and objects seem to take its toll on the framerates (on a GF6800 ultra and 2 Gb ram, 1600x1200), but overall it's a pleasant experience.It's about the same price as lago's F16 addon, so quite cheap. The only thing that's really weird is that you can't find it in most shops. Had to order mine overseas.

Yeah, I ended up buying it. It's pretty cool. I don't know how to use the weapons yet, but I was able to refuel and the shoot down the tanker with my guns.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest sb55mv

Hi Gang.can some of you with Falcon4 do me a big favour please and post a few screen shots of this so that we can see what it looks like, a couple in the cockpit, and a few from out side, spot would be good.I am dying to see some pics from someone that has it on their system, not the makers edited ones.thanks very much.