Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

GSX update on the way

They just dropped this on their FB. Looks decent, just not sure about how I feel about the need for all of it. 

• Like 11

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Looks fantastic!  Thank you for posting.

Amazing! Congratulations to FSDT ! They push the bar higher and I can't thank them enough.  

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Oh man, just repainted a bunch of the GSX vehicles in custom colors. I should have waited a bit longer.

I wonder if the base colors can also be changed parametrically via DirectX now, as the pushback truck has a bit more complicated scheme now.

Daniel

I love it.  Very innovative and shows you what P3D is capable of.   For GSX users this is a great addition.  FSDT consistently amazes with their innovation.

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 2

Wow, that is a massive leap forward.

Ian S

38.jpg

Very exciting! This company is just amazing. Keeps pushing the boundary and keep utilizing the new features with each new iteration of P3D. And best of all (and most unbelievable, IMO) it keeps being free of charge.

I'm still in amazement, with regards to GSX Level 2... that they managed to make something as complex and exhausting, as setting up SODE jetways, so user friendly and flexible, is really just an amazing feat, IMO... Addon of the year, IMHO!

Thanks Umbert and FSDT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

25 minutes ago, hero93 said:

Oh man, just repainted a bunch of the GSX vehicles in custom colors. I should have waited a bit longer.

I wonder if the base colors can also be changed parametrically via DirectX now, as the pushback truck has a bit more complicated scheme now.

Yes, that's one of the big advantages of the new DirectX-based rendering system.

Before, we had more than 200 variations (like repaints) for *each* vehicle, just for the logos, and they were all based on the same base white/grey model. This was particularly aggravating for the ULDs, since a dozen of different models, with 200 operator variations, added 2400 liveries to the sim, and that's was just for the ULDs!

Now, with DirectX-based logos, we have only a few basic color themes, with a parametric logo you can just pick from any .PNG/.JPG file, and GSX will automatically convert it to .DDS, place it in the airport customization folder, and it will appear on every vehicle, with separate customizations for handling, catering and jetway logos. The PaintKit won't be required anymore.

And, you'll be able to choose the basic color theme for that operator. In the video, the custom "Corendon Airlines" operator required a Red theme, so a Pushback with red stripes appeared, with the logo draw directly in DirectX. Some colors have two variants, like "Blue" and "Full Blue", with Blue having just a Blue bar, and Full Blue is the whole vehicle painted in that color. 

This change alone, allowed us to REDUCE the total number of installed Simobjects variations in the sim by about 7000, and we gained a better flexibility and ease of customization too. And, we make future expansion easier, since adding new operators won't cause the number of installed Simobject to explode anymore.

With less installed Simobjects, your simulator will start faster, the airplane selection screen will load much faster too. And GSX will be faster in finding an operator, since it will have to search 7000 objects less then it used to.

Of course, all of this will require P3D 4.4 as minimum. FSX users and older P3D users, would still have to deal with the old system, so we splitted the installer into an FSX version, which installs from FSX up to P3D 3.4, and a native P3D4 version, which will require 4.4. We'll still have a shared directory, but it's now splitted into Legacy and PBR objects so, if you don't use FSX anymore, the Legacy object won't even be installed, and even if you do have FSX, they'll stay in a separate folder that P3D4 won't use so, in the worse case, they'll just take hdd space, but won't affect performances.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 15

I don't know if P3D or FSX supports it but I'd like to see FSDT implement the same kind of system that Better Pushback uses for X-Plane where you can determine your own pushback path.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I don't know if P3D or FSX supports it but I'd like to see FSDT implement the same kind of system that Better Pushback uses for X-Plane where you can determine your own pushback path.

It will come. After the PBR update will be out, we'll start working full time on the new Pushback system. Some of the work already started, since the vehicles already looks nicer and they can raise the airplane now. And an easier to use custom pushback feature might already come with this update.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Is there an option to choose the personnel? That first guy looks kinda mean. Doesn't like his job?

Otherwise Umberto that's some pretty amazing stuff. Well done.

Just now, BillS511 said:

Is there an option to choose the personnel? That first guy looks kinda mean. Doesn't like his job?

That's pretty much reality

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

And, you'll be able to choose the basic color theme for that operator. In the video, the custom "Corendon Airlines" operator required a Red theme, so a Pushback with red stripes appeared, with the logo draw directly in DirectX. Some colors have two variants, like Blue or "Full Blue", with Blue having just a Blue bar, while Full Blue with the whole vehicle painted in that color. 

I really enjoy the modern approaches you use and how flawless they work.

It would be most convenient if the base color could be specified with a HEX Code or similar to match the operator's Corporate Identity. But I don't know the effort this would require.

Daniel