Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

GSX update on the way

great work, thx Umberto. 

12 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Is there an option to choose the personnel? That first guy looks kinda mean. Doesn't like his job?

You cannot choose (well, you could, if you edit the vehicle sim.cfg file), but now, due to having splitted most of the vehicles from their drivers, thanks to the usage of a new P3D4-specific API for the attached objects, the vehicle SIM.CFG file can specify a set of possible drivers, which will be chosen at random on each use. So, instead of just one model, like we used to have, we have 6 different drivers, 4 male and 2 female, which can be reasonably easily expanded in the future, since they are no longer part of their original vehicle. Same for Marshallers.

• Like 3

Curious if the new skeleton system may eventually carry over into the passengers? Improved animations for them would be amazing.

Jon Skiffington

6 minutes ago, Skiff said:

Curious if the new skeleton system may eventually carry over into the passengers? Improved animations for them would be amazing.

Where would you draw the line?  I think they're pretty good already.   The senior pilot model needs a change though.  He walks like he's has a serious accident.

32 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Is there an option to choose the personnel? That first guy looks kinda mean. Doesn't like his job?

Otherwise Umberto that's some pretty amazing stuff. Well done.

He probably had to deal with some arrogant pilot who wouldn't follow instructions. That happened more times than I'd like to remember.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

39 minutes ago, virtuali said:

It will come. After the PBR update will be out, we'll start working full time on the new Pushback system. Some of the work already started, since the vehicles already looks nicer and they can raise the airplane now. And an easier to use custom pushback feature might already come with this update.

Umberto, that's great to hear. Thank you.

NAX669.png

3 minutes ago, mwilk said:

He probably had to deal with some arrogant pilot who wouldn't follow instructions. That happened more times than I'd like to remember.

I'm sure @tooting will wholeheartedly agree.

• Like 2

Look forward to it very much. 

Thank you for all the hard work Umberto.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Very nice and looking forward to the update. I wish there will be an option in the forth coming update to select individual messages that appear in sim. I would like to know when the fuel truck arrives and follow it around but have all other messages hidden. I really appreciate the update.

Edited by Ops Normal
  • Like 1

Looks incredible

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Love the work Umberto. Would it be possible in future updates to see the crew in appropriate winter clothing during winter months? I always feel bad seeing them freeze to death :)

• Like 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Great stuff !

However, and not wanting to sound churlish, I would forgo all of those features just to have the ability to have my passengers walking to and from the terminal at appropriate gates where there's no airbridge, instead of having to use the bus...

Stunning work. Truly a step up above what it already was. Can’t wait to see it live in my sim!

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hi All

First think the current programme is great and I’m sure the upgrade will only enhance it! 😁

But, why do we get pilots boarding when we call for passenger boarding? I’m the pilot and I’m already there prepping the aircraft. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have pilots boarding as a separate option so we could call it as the very first thing we do?

Anyway, a minor point. 😉 Keep up the good work

Regards

G

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1