7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Only GSX2

Is it? Where is that stated? Have I missed something? 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

Is it? Where is that stated? Have I missed something? 🙂

Neither of them watched the video all the way through. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Neither of them watched the video all the way through. 

Okay... so as I understand, this update applies to all GSX customers and are not exclusive to GSX-L2?
Only the Fuel Hydrant are GSX-L2 only addition, as far as I understand...? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It could be great if you could make a gate inside the terminal so that passengers went out to the plane instead of always having a bus in the air ports without moving gate

Thomas

Edited by starpilot

12 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay... so as I understand, this update applies to all GSX customers and are not exclusive to GSX-L2?
Only the Fuel Hydrant are GSX-L2 only addition, as far as I understand...? 

Exactly. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Hypofx said:

nice one, hope its free for the normal GSX users, i dont want to buy walking zombies upgrade in order to have this. 

You meant to say:

"the Global SODE-jetways upgrade that will allow you to enhance 20.000+ default airports automatically, and hundreds of 3rd party airports with tons of pre-made customization files made by users".

We made the visible passengers, only because it's a feature that is so obvious that advertise itself, but the most important feature of GSX L2, of course, are the jetways.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

FWIW.. I would prefer to see less needed menu selecting when on the go. It would be helpful to have a pre setup option with a timer so it can playout without further menu selecting.

We already have an automatic mode since the last update.

The only thing that it doesn't do, is the handling of doors automatically. As explained so many times, this was a conscious design decision ( we had automatic door handling on the 1st GSX Beta, back in 2012, but it had a lot of issues with 3rd party airplanes, so we cut it out), because while it might work for default planes, on complex 3rd party airplanes, precisely the ones you say you use, you cannot just operate the animation variables, without any care of what that might cause to the airplane systems.

For example, opening a door by forcing its animation, one that you are not supposed to open, maybe because the relevant system is not set up correctly ( Easy example, the main cargo door on the PMDG 747-F, which requires a spare Electrical Bus ), might easily confuse the airplane itself, because it might lose sync between its internal status and the actual status of the door, which was changed externally. Or, it might simply not work, because the airplane code might actively prevent this, so we'd end up fighting against the airplane, with issues like flickering animations, or doors constantly opening/closing, since GSX would start to compete against the airplane code to do the same, opposite, thing.

That's why, we always said the handling of door was best left to the airplane developers, who know better how and when they can deal with this.

Some of the best developers out there understood the issue, and took the chance to make their product even better, by adding the interaction between GSX and their doors, so the FS Labs and Aerosoft Airbus, and I think the Leonardo Maddog X all supports this, since GSX has published variables developers can check to know when GSX expects a door to be open or closed.

Of course, we cannot force every developer out there to do the same, it's their airplane, their code, and their choice what to do.

Funny enough, some developers said they don't want GSX to "control" their airplane, because it could be dangerous and we cannot possibly anticipate all the issues, which is exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to happen: it's *because* we DO NOT want to control their airplane, that we ask if THEY could add code to their product, for the precise reason we *know* it could be dangerous IF we tried to do that from GSX.

However, if you look at the Linda forum here on Avsim, you'll find there are some modules which adds GSX doors automation for several airplane products that don't have this in their code, since they read the information from in GSX docs, and did some clever programming to achieve that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

Some of the best developers out there understood the issue, and took the chance to make their product even better, by adding the interaction between GSX and their doors, so the FS Labs

Fully concur with this, as the doors and cargo doors operations are now so much seamlessly smoother.

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's why, we always said the handling of door was best left to the airplane developers,

I’m no developer and I have the computer skills of a church mouse, of course pleasing all your customers can with no doubt get tiring.

I agree leaving the doors alone makes sense since most of them are sequenced through their own timers whether through Fs2Crew of the ground ops functionality or manually. Would be perfect if GSX timings could be started to coincided with the other 3rd party times. Eg 30/60/90mins so the loaders/stairs/airbridge are pulled away automatically when the countdown reaches zero and at the beginning the Tech Crew/Flight Attendants come to the Aircraft during the start of timing while the Pax begin boarding somewhere around the halfway point. 

An example is, if I’m on a remote stand my airstairs are usually removed well before the doors get closed. 

Once again I’m no developer and have no idea how you do what you do but I humbly suggest this simply because you’ve already proven how clever you are. 

I’m also very happy with whatever way suits and works best with you.

thx

IN

12 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

but (if I can talk on behalf of the community) its the finer details

do you mean you would like to see AI (SODE) Jetway docking / daytime low visibility approach / runway lighting etc ..... why / how do you fly to an abandoned airport in the fog below minimums just to see the doors open, wow .......????

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

For those that are interested in auto control of the doors, as you know the FSL Airbuses already do it but you can use LINDA (see forum here on Avsim) which is a hardware controller and it has a module that does this for PMDG and others based on a timer.  Seems to work very well for me without issues.

As an aside, I was only using GSX 2 for the pushback....which is kind of crazy, but with the auto features of the updated FSL A320, it is just amazing to watch GSX do its thing.  Can't wait for the new update.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

We posted another video, to show how easy will be to create a custom logo for operators and jetways in the next update:

We always knew the GSX PaintKit was difficult to use, now thanks to P3D4, we got rid of it, in the most efficient way...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hypofx said:

nice one, hope its free for the normal GSX users, i dont want to buy walking zombies upgrade in order to have this. 

I actually bought L2 to fix the numerous airports I had with jetway issues and not for the "zombies" lol. After using L2 for a while, I wouldn't give up my little NPC friends for nothing. They do add quite a bit to the simulation. I'd love to see them walking around inside of the terminals, too. LVFR has modeled the people inside of the terminal in KMSY and it looks real nice pulling up to the gate seeing the people inside. 

Umberto - thank you for this update.Amazing work! GSX 1&2 have been 2 of the best additions ever! 

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Funny enough, some developers said they don't want GSX to "control" their airplane, because it could be dangerous and we cannot possibly anticipate all the issues, which is exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to happen: it's *because* we DO NOT want to control their airplane, that we ask if THEY could add code to their product, for the precise reason we *know* it could be dangerous IF we tried to do that from GSX.

Here in America, we call that blowing smoke up your skirt. 🤯

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

31 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I actually bought L2 to fix the numerous airports I had with jetway issues and not for the "zombies" lol. After using L2 for a while, I wouldn't give up my little NPC friends for nothing. They do add quite a bit to the simulation. I'd love to see them walking around inside of the terminals, too. LVFR has modeled the people inside of the terminal in KMSY and it looks real nice pulling up to the gate seeing the people inside. 

Umberto - thank you for this update.Amazing work! GSX 1&2 have been 2 of the best additions ever! 

I agree completely.

If you haven't bought GSX L2, you don't know what you are missing. It's an extremely powerful and versatile tool, one that I personally would consider a "must have" add on, and well worth the reasonable cost. 

• Upvote 2

ok i believe in you, just i think that part of the simulation for that kind of upgrade price a bit overkill.  but its just a personal opinion,