Sign in to follow this  
Beauregard

Fast and easy to fly GA Plane

Hi

I am mostly flying with a cessna 172 on prepar3d V4. Now I would like to purchase a fast GA Plane, which is easy to fly. I do not have the time to study hours manuals, therefore I look for a fast ga plane, which is easy to fly in the evening for half an hour. I am ready to read also good manuals, which really help to understand starting/flying the plane.

Do you have any suggestions of a plane suitable for these requriements?

Thanks!

Beaureard

A2A Comanche and A2A Bonanza. Don't know what do you mean by "easy" though. Both are considered "complex and high performance" on real life, but not that hard to learn.

• Like 2

Mauricio Brentano

25 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Carenado Cessna C337 ?

Agree.  Also the Carenado C210.  Both are fast, offer good visibility, and relatively simple.  Both also easy to upgrade later with more sophisticated GPS gauges.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

32 minutes ago, MauB said:

A2A Comanche and A2A Bonanza. Don't know what do you mean by "easy" though. Both are considered "complex and high performance" on real life, but not that hard to learn.

+1 a2a stuff can’t be beaten. And the manuals are an excellent educational read! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

thanks for your suggestions!

I have the a2a cessna 172. It has indeed a good manual and as I read also from others an excellent implementation of the plane. It was good for me to learn, however for flying just once 30 minutes in the evening, it is too realistic, this is why I am often using the carenado 172rg.

So I also bought recently the King Air GTX90 from carenado. As they advertise and as I read in reviews: Less realistic than a2a, but easier to fly. However, here is the problem: The manual is really poor and as a beginner, it is quite hard to find out, what is needed to operate it. I could start without any problem, but after a few minutes the plane always loses height, I guess because I just started and did not go according the checklist.

I like the Ant Tecnam Sierra.

It's good fun flying (as an easy all rounder), is reasonably quick, very easy to fly with little learning curve, includes an easy to follow manual that's built in and accessable while flying and it supports 3rd party GPS like the F1 GTN 750.

Plus he has a demo to trial with.

https://www.antsairplanes.com/sierralsa.html

And here is a short video of it in P3D v4

Prepar3D v4.4 short joyflight around Sekiu airport USA (11S) in the Ant Tecnam Sierra

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

A2A is the gold standard for GA aircraft. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

JustFlight do some good in-house GA stuff; the TB-20 is quick but their version is prone to extreme left roll upon rotation and also very difficult to lose airspeed in. No idea if that's accurate or not as they never answered my support ticket. I believe their Turbo Arrow is easier to handle. Note these aircraft are on sale sporadically.

Like others have said, for quick and cheap GA frills, Carenado or Alabeo work well: M20R, 690B, PA-31T, PA-46, PA-31, PA-23, C90 etc, their Bonanza was included as a default aircraft with older versions of P3D. There's also Wilco's TBM850 although dunno what that is like with it being a turboprop.

I feel you have received bad advice with recommendations for A2A, they are not jump-in and easy to fly for 30mins without prior study. They are great products, but they need time invested. The same goes for Milviz.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

20 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

JustFlight do some good in-house GA stuff....

Yes, they do.

Allow me to recommend the JustFlight Duchess 76... https://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-duchess-model-76-fsx-p3d.phtml  It's about $10 cheaper thru Simmarket than at the JustFlight web store.

Designed from the outset as a low cost trainer for flying clubs and schools, it is extremely stable and forgiving, but it's not "fast by any stretch of the imagination... Cruise speed is around 158 knots, (max of about 195 knots) and stall speed is just 69 knots.

JustFlight has done a real nice job with this, it's perfect for low and slow sightseeing...😎

I have had the Vertx DA62 since it was launched but have recently dug deeper into learning its systems and operation. It is a great GA plane. You can go deeper with the systems and procedures...or just fire it up and go. It can be as easy or as complex as you'd like..

• Like 1

Chris

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

I feel you have received bad advice with recommendations for A2A, they are not jump-in and easy to fly for 30mins without prior study. They are great products, but they need time invested. The same goes for Milviz.

If you want something that flies a bit  like a real aircraft, then 30 minutes+ is not a great deal of time to learn a bit about it before taking to the skies. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

How can the A2A C172 be "too realistic"? It is still a sim. Start up P3D, select the plane, switch to cold & dark mode and you get the Cessna into the air in about 5min. Or, if even those 5min are to long, use the config window to have the plane ready for taxi when you jump in, then you have her in the air within 30 seconds. You do not need to do all walkaround stuff, in the worst case something breaks while flying and challenges you a Little bit. Or you simply go to the hangar just before each flight and fix all stuff that is weared.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Not sure if it falls into the GA category (excuse my newb ignorance), but i love flying the Twin Otter by Aerosoft. Really fun to fly and has some really nice repaints too.