Sign in to follow this  
Beauregard

Fast and easy to fly GA Plane

How are you getting along with the King Air?  - I too was going to suggest the Cessna 337, but I'm a little late to the party.. :) 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

38 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Not sure if it falls into the GA category (excuse my newb ignorance), but i love flying the Twin Otter by Aerosoft. Really fun to fly and has some really nice repaints too.

GA is generally anything that isn't flown commercially or military/government.  The Twotter was/is mostly if not entirely flown for-hire, so it wouldn't usually be GA.

OP, I, too, would recommend the Vertx DA-62. If you're not interested in following proper procedures, you can go from cold and dark to in the air inside of 5 minutes, including taxi time. If at some point you want to go deeper, you can. It's decently fast for a piston twin, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It has very few weaknesses, and most of them are in the advanced/very advanced realm that you wouldn't be interested in anyway.

• Like 1

RealAir Lancair V2 if you could buy it.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

31 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

RealAir Lancair V2 if you could buy it.

Cheers

Yep one of the best add-ons...likely not for sale anymore though

I'd recommend a Carenado add-on to just get in and go.  Try the Mooney Ovation.  It's pretty fast and will support GTN 750.  Otherwise if you're willing to spend a little time get the A2A Bonanza

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With the A2A GA fleet you can always disable "accu-sim" on the menu and add to that the "auto-start" function. So it could be get in and go.
But if by "easy" you mean less or close to none complexity simulation, Carenado is the way to go for sure.

Mauricio Brentano

Two nice twins are the Alabeo Seminole and the C421..

The Seminole is a light twin trainer, the C421 a corporate biz-twin piston.

The GTN 750 would be a very welcome addition to either or both :smile:

Bert

I prefer the RealAir Duke Version 2...not the turbine (although I like this plane too).  I use the Duke as my default plane and love the movement of the cockpit when starting it (very realistic shake), and I also love the plane's handling.  Faster and still very controllable.

Stan

Edited by spilok

4 hours ago, spilok said:

I prefer the RealAir Duke Version 2...not the turbine (although I like this plane too).  I use the Duke as my default plane and love the movement of the cockpit when starting it (very realistic shake), and I also love the plane's handling.  Faster and still very controllable.

Stan

But no longer available for sale, as best I know.. :blush:

Bert

dear all, thanks for your many suggestions and ideas! that's great, I will checkout the planes you recommend