Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Bad Support for LEAM and LEAL from Pilot's

Hello,

I was asking 3 times Pilot's about some small things with the airports from these guys, but didn't get any answer. Remembers me to Taxi2Gate, talented developer, bad support.

Maybe anybody here has the answer:

For Almeria (LEAM) I wanted to know if it is possible to remove the static Ryanair aircraft, I didn't find the file for it to remove it. And there is nearly no autogen on the huge photoscenery? - looks really empty and brown.

For Alicante (LEAL) the same problem with the photoscenery - only some Industrial Buildings on the approach - the rest empty and brown?

The airport themselves are looking really nice!

Can anybody check or has an idea? Sorry, I asked Pilot's directly via support e-mail and facebook - but no respone. Bad.

Thanks Urmel

To say it in kind words: Pilot's has never been an example for good support.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Same problem with me. I contacted the support two times, because I've got a problem with the mesh at LEAM.
But I never received an answer.

Ok, the airports are really nice, but the support seems to be not the best.

Patric

Yes, I've seen some excellent reports about those airports, but I have sworn myself not to purchase any further products from them until they change their support policy. Enough good scenery with excellent support out there.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Good products, LEAL uses more VRAM than EGLL... Odd and customer support is word not allowed. Can't even get an email though to the guys...

Edited by Jim Young
edited to remove an attempt to hide a word not allowed and replaced it with word not allowed.

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

ive emailed them 3 times about removing the statics at LEAM with no answer.  twice from my personal and once form my work email  (normally work emails get a faster response from people 🙂   ) 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

You have to buy scenery the day of release and start emailing bugs to be found because they move on to the next project or drop the developer from their team and have no solution to fix any of the problems.

13 hours ago, Urmel81 said:

For Almeria (LEAM) I wanted to know if it is possible to remove the static Ryanair aircraft, I didn't find the file for it to remove it. A

join the club, ive also love to do the same

14ppkc-6.png

As Pilots LEAM is a LatinWings development, have you tried e mailing them? Their e mail is in the manual.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Do you guys also have an empty photoscenery? Nearly no Autogen? - only some Industrial Building on the Approach.

If you're comfortable with MCX you can open the scenery bgl's until you find the one containing the statics. 

If it's a single .bgl that contains them you can just rename to ".off". 

If it's a bgl that contains multiple other objects it's possible to highlight them in the objects menu and remove them, then resave/compile the bgl into the scenery folder (make sure to have an original saved). 

Obviously it's at own-risk, not supported (pardon the irony), and must not be shared, but sometimes it's the only option...

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 4/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, Urmel81 said:

Hello,

I was asking 3 times Pilot's about some small things with the airports from these guys, but didn't get any answer. Remembers me to Taxi2Gate, talented developer, bad support.

Maybe anybody here has the answer:

For Almeria (LEAM) I wanted to know if it is possible to remove the static Ryanair aircraft, I didn't find the file for it to remove it. And there is nearly no autogen on the huge photoscenery? - looks really empty and brown.

For Alicante (LEAL) the same problem with the photoscenery - only some Industrial Buildings on the approach - the rest empty and brown?

The airport themselves are looking really nice!

Can anybody check or has an idea? Sorry, I asked Pilot's directly via support e-mail and facebook - but no respone. Bad. 

Thanks Urmel

Hi Urmel,

I have to say that I’m very disappointed at your efforts to publicly shame our company! Informing us via email that our scenery contains several, in your own words, “No Go’s”, is most certainly the wrong approach. Do you honestly think that the tone and content of your message is conducive to anybody on my team wanting to respond you? I most certainly would not write to a developer with such harshness, our scenery is after all fully functional and has been very well received in the community, with our LEAM Almeria Airport scenery having won a Gold Award at Mutley’s Hangar, and our LEAL Alicante Airport scenery scoring 9.5 out of 10 at FS Elite!

While we appreciate suggestions and general user feedback, there is a vast difference between asking for support and requesting certain features to actually demanding changes to satisfy a personal wish.

We would like all of our customers to know that we do take support very seriously and of course do answer serious support calls. We also want you to know, that we are currently working on making a scenery configuration panel available. We also have some interesting new products in the pipeline, and our long awaited Boeing B314 Clipper is now in the final stages of development, it should be available shortly before or after the FS Expo in Orlando. If you are attending, we will have our own booth and look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Stefan Schaefer

PILOT'S GesmbH

C.E.O.

Edited by flight_guy747

Stefan Schaefer
PILOT'S GesmbH
CEO
http://www.pilots.shop
pilots_logo.gif

1 hour ago, flight_guy747 said:

Hi Urmel,

I have to say that I’m very disappointed at your efforts to publicly shame our company! Informing us via email that our scenery contains several, in your own words, “No Go’s”, is most certainly the wrong approach. Do you honestly think that the tone and content of your message is conducive to anybody on my team wanting to respond you? I most certainly would not write to a developer with such harshness, our scenery is after all fully functional and has been very well received in the community, with our LEAM Almeria Airport scenery having won a Gold Award at Mutley’s Hangar, and our LEAL Alicante Airport scenery scoring 9.5 out of 10 at FS Elite!

While we appreciate suggestions and general user feedback, there is a vast difference between asking for support and requesting certain features to actually demanding changes to satisfy a personal wish.

We would like all of our customers to know that we do take support very seriously and of course do answer serious support calls. We also want you to know, that we are currently working on making a scenery configuration panel available. We also have some interesting new products in the pipeline, and our long awaited Boeing B314 Clipper is now in the final stages of development, it should be available shortly before or after the FS Expo in Orlando. If you are attending, we will have our own booth and look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Hello, thanks for your answer. I'm quite happy now!

When I look to the comments on my topic, it seems a few people have problems with you support policy.

But one good thing about this topic: I got an answer from you!

I didn't had much critics about your airports, I like them really. BUT: one of my question was: is it possible to remove the static at LEAM - no answer - 3 times. An answer should be really easy: Yes it is possible - remove that file - , or no, it's not possible. Everything ist better than no answer. An answer on facebook or per mail is done in one minute!

I don't complain really often! The last was a few days ago to an developer (the scenery is around 1 year old), the ground markings has been changed. He answered on the same day a few hours later: Yes he knows, he will work on an update but it won't be for free (because simmarket want's money). Perfekt answer, I'm happy. I'd like to pay for high quality airports (even for some updates).

And Yes, for me it is a no go that it is not possible to remove static airliners (Passenger and cargo). That's because I use AI, and really like it. That's why static aircraft should be removable, it's standard these days. And also No Go's are hugh one-season photoscenery coverage with no or nearly no autogen. That destroys the immersion a lot.

If you are disappointed about this topic, that's ok in my eyes. You're lack of communication is the cause of this topic (and I'm not the only one who complains about this). AND: You know about this topic, because I messaged you again via facebook that I've asked at avsim and created this topic.

And no back to the questions:

It will be nice to know if it is possible to remove the static airliners (GA is ok).

Is it normal that the large photoscenery is only one season (LEAM and LEAL) - brown ?

Is it normal that there is missing autogen on the photoscenery (only some industrial areas on the direct approach area)?

Suggestion: Take support serious - answer! A forum is the best way, it's better for us users to see if anybody else had this or that problem or question already!

And for everybody here the original first message to Pilot's, I don't think it's really rude (the original was in german - translated for this message via google):

Hello, Thanks for the two great airports, which are basically very well done, unfortunately there are some No Go's that spoil the impression:

LEAL: Are there no different seasons? Compared to ORBX, it is now much too brown, the transition does not fit

Autogen: You have a large photo scene, unfortunately, the autogenous was completely omitted, only a few industrial areas were added. Sorry, that looks cruel, especially with the nonexistent seasons. Unfortunately, a Scenery Configurator is completely missing. The 29Palms Configurator is not expensive and recommended.

LEAM: The same as for LEAL and additionally: How can you remove the Ryanair? I (like many others) use AI completely and every static airliner is not really wanted.

Thanks and there is not much missing until the airports are really great

The airport's are really nice and an superb quality (I wrote this already on this topic), only a few minor things are not so good.

Regards

Urmel

Edited by Urmel81
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

Suggestion: Take support serious - answer! A forum is the best way, it's better for us users to see if anybody else had this or that problem or question already!

Fully agreed. A support forum with some presence of the developer from time to time would be the best. Many problems get solved by user to user interaction. I don't understand why Mr. Schaefer has never created one since all the years he is in flight sim add-on business. But it is up to him ... I've made my statement above.

- Harry 

14 hours ago, flight_guy747 said:

I have to say that I’m very disappointed at your efforts to publicly shame our company! Informing us via email that our scenery contains several, in your own words, “No Go’s”, is most certainly the wrong approach. Do you honestly think that the tone and content of your message is conducive to anybody on my team wanting to respond you? I most certainly would not write to a developer with such harshness,

I think you are the one that is being harsh. And you still have not answered if you can remove the statics. Really ?? 

You sell it, you support it.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.