Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

Bad Support for LEAM and LEAL from Pilot's

3 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

$30 X ? =

More like 30 ÷ X =

Sellers make a small percentage of each sale and most developers treat flight sim addon development as a labor of love & a hobby and not as a money making opportunity. 

It's certainly in the best interest for sellers and devs to treat their customers with excellent support, because it will lead to repeat business. In my line of work customer support is as important as providing the entertainment service, and it actually the one factor that I can control.

Also, keep in mind that we are buying a license to use the addon and that we do  not own it. Some devs don't want users to remove or add objects. The best way to deal with poor customer support is to take your business somewhere else or give up on the hobby.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't if I spent 30 or 3.

Its basic customer service and courtesy to reply to a support email. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

36 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thomas

Tomorrow I will fly on a virgin atlantic aircraft on holiday. 

On the aircraft people will have paid for their seats in different ways. 

1.direct sale from virgin atlantic 

2. Through virgin holidays (our own sister travel agent) that buy seats off the airline for a discount to sell holiday packages 

3. Through other travel agents such as Expedia, American express, etc etc.  They Also charge a commission on the seat sale

4. Staff travel on free tickets ( like myself) paying only the tax 

5. Free tickets for travel agent educationals etc etc 

The cabin crew on the flight will not care which of the 5 categories you fall into they will still provide excellent customer service to everyone even though the direct sale passenger has made the company the most money. (And virgin last year made a loss of 28 million) and won't ignore the pax that have booked through an agent taking commission.

The point is I couldn't give a toss how much stephan from pilots is making or not making, that's his business problem not mine.  I've bought a product, and I expect a level of support.  An answer to one of my now 6 emails is the least If I considered the guy to have any credibility. 

Neither tomorrow will any of the fare paying passengers think they should not get a meal because as a company we are losing money. 

We sell a product,  and therefore provide excellent customer service (or we go out of business) simple as that no matter how much we are making or not making as a company selling a product. 

We also don't fly passengers to Glasgow instead of Dusseldorf but that's another topic.... 

Hi Pete,

Astounding, a company that is kept artificially afloat after a US$34 million loss and yet you seem to not at all understand the correlation between price, service and profitability. Every single P3Dv4 payware add-on customer expects to receive Upper Class service at a next to nothing purchase cost. Stefan should probably be selling his products for a lot more money to afford to hire a complete first-class support team, yet he can likely only afford to offer to deliver that level of service alone.

<<We also don't fly passengers to Glasgow instead of Dusseldorf but that's another topic.... >>

I think you mean Edinburgh. 😂

Enjoy your holiday.

Thomas

Bad support remains bad support!

I

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, GarminFlyer said:

Pete, you're completely clueless about the flightsim software market, how much is expected and how very little small developers like PILOT'S earn. I'd say well over 90% of all customers expect top quality scenery with top level support at a budget price.

Thomas

It seems to me that other add-on developers with perhaps less income then Pilot's give a much better support.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 hours ago, GarminFlyer said:

Hello Urmel,

In German there is a special word for guys like you - (word not allowed!). There must be nothing more discouraging than having someone like you hammering away at a developer, I honestly detest people like you!

PILOT'S have just gotten 10/10 for their Alicante airport, it is a work of art, their Almeria airport is just as exquisite. They have already said that they would offer a configurator, yet you continue with your ridiculous and ill-placed mission to bad mouth them.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Thomas 

Hi Thomas,

even in an Forum you should talk normal and don't post insults!

If you ever had read the whole post: There are more things! And there is no support! And it seems NO support is what you like - you are the perfekt customer! Have fun.

Take your 10 Stars Airport wherever you wan't, I'd like to have real quality!

Regards from Germany

Urmel

PS: be always friendly - it's better! Think first - post later.

Edited by charliearon
edit out German nasty word from quote
  • Upvote 1

I think before a fist-fight breaks out, this topic is dragging itself through the mud and is being exorcised!:ph34r:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: