Sign in to follow this  
SP2472

The Alps...as in the French Version

The Alps...after a takeoff from Courchevel.
zj6nXCT.jpg

eVIxrcD.jpg

CnfFYiU.jpg

gs71eps.jpg

jnJy3w1.jpg

PDO49us.jpg

issbaxh.jpg

YjKOecU.jpg

Yh1pz0Y.jpg

QfYtaCe.jpg
Thanks for viewing, Darryl

• Like 3

Nice pictures, Darryl, along with the "sporty" little Piper plane...

BTW, isn't "Courchevel" among the most dangerous airports in the world to land on? Have you tried landing on it?

Holy cow....can that little LSA even reach those altitudes hehe?  Nice pics!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I went to Annecy in 1989, but it was raining there and clouded over, I was so bummed.  I flew from SFO to JFK, then on to Zurich, then on to Geneva, I had to get a Visa because France was upset with the US over something or another back then, but the French consulate people in Frisco were gracious and gave me wonderful brochures of where I wanted to go.  In general, the French have always been so kind and cute with me, maybe because I recognized Avignon as the temporary seat of the Papacy, which is not well known, I loved its cobbled streets and walking in the footsteps of Charlemagne himself, who helped bring Europe out of the Dark Ages. 

I found out late in my life that I am a distant relative of Charlemagne, heir to the throne of Gondor, lol....  I would not want the job, I prefer serfdom and protection of the castle, in my case the US government.  But the French and the US have a deep rooted friendship, they helped us win the Revolutionary War with the help of Ben Franklin, a national treasure who wanted the turkey to be our country's bird vs. the bald Eagle.  And he had such love of women, his sayings about women I will not repeat here, they were risque at the time.  Good ol' Ben was really the heavenly father of the United States.....  That's why I love flying kites, except in thunderstorms, lol....

Great memories of France, my last visit, 2017!

16 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Holy cow....can that little LSA even reach those altitudes hehe?  Nice pics!

The service ceiling on the LSA/Piper Sport is 20,000 ft, I was only at 10,000-12,000 (max.) for this pictorial.

21 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Nice pictures, Darryl, along with the "sporty" little Piper plane...

BTW, isn't "Courchevel" among the most dangerous airports in the world to land on? Have you tried landing on it?

Did once with the PC12 several years ago.

Darryl: You mean in RL..?

Edited by P_7878