I ordered one from Virtual-Fly and it arrived on Monday of this week.

Very impressed with the precision and feel of the controls. Quite a bit more accurate than my faithful CH Eclipse yoke that I have had for years. Expensive but for me, well worth the price.

Lyn

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Here is a review of it from A2As test pilot Dudley Henriques

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67881

Thanks;  that's a helpful review!

Not sure about the dismissal of force feedback controls later in the thread;  the discussion gets derailed with complaints about "force feedback joysticks", and not really with how the Brunner CLS-E stacks up against the new Yoko+ (if you're going to spend large sums of money on an input device in the first place!).

57 minutes ago, AustinLonghorn said:

Thanks;  that's a helpful review!

Not sure about the dismissal of force feedback controls later in the thread;  the discussion gets derailed with complaints about "force feedback joysticks", and not really with how the Brunner CLS-E stacks up against the new Yoko+ (if you're going to spend large sums of money on an input device in the first place!).

IF you can make it to the Flightsim show in Orlando there will be about 5 different yokes on display at different price points ($200 to $1000) I haven't tried any of them except the Yoko which I have so cant give you any feedback on the others. I have had mine for a year now including the TQ6+ and its one of the best investments I made in this Hobby. I'm saving up for the Ruddo pedals as I don't like my crosswinds anymore. There are some other reviews out there on FF yokes but I found it was a mixed bag on opinions. You wont be disappointed in spending big bucks on input devices as they really add to the immersion and plastic doesn't cut it for me anymore.  I don't understand people who spend big money on there computers and then cheeping out on plastic controllers. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I don't understand people who spend big money on there computers and then cheeping out on plastic controllers.

I wish it were that simple.  You can't do ANYTHING well without having a reasonable computer, so to my mind that's a base level purchase - a necessity for entry into a quality simming experience.  I make do with a cheaper yoke because it's hard to justify the huge jump in cost when balanced against other needs/wants, and what I want is very expensive indeed.

I read Dudley Henriques' review with great interest when he first wrote it, as I've always felt the only feature which would make a next-level yoke worth it to me would be a high quality force-feedback setup like the Brunner, so that's what I've been holding out for.  I admit I'm still skeptical that I'd be satisfied with anything less.  As a RW GA pilot, I have some pretty strong opinions as to what would make a sim yoke feel "real".  But his review was intriguing, as I certainly respect his level of knowledge and experience.  If anyone hasn't read it yet, do yourself a favor and do so.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

5 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

IF you can make it to the Flightsim show in Orlando there will be about 5 different yokes on display at different price points ...

Have definitely considered that, but hotel, airfare, etc., is about $600 I could spend toward a new yoke :)

1 hour ago, AustinLonghorn said:

Have definitely considered that, but hotel, airfare, etc., is about $600 I could spend toward a new yoke 🙂

If you live in Texas i am in Houston near the space center you can try mine, Also in Austin is Redbird Simulations which have a yoke. I don't no how good they are? Thrustmaster has a contest for a free trip and tickets to the flightsim show plus one free product.  Josh

https://simulators.redbirdflight.com/products/topic/home-simulator-controls

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

On 4/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, FreeBird(Josh) said:

If you live in Texas i am in Houston near the space center you can try mine, Also in Austin is Redbird Simulations which have a yoke. I don't no how good they are? Thrustmaster has a contest for a free trip and tickets to the flightsim show plus one free product.  Josh

https://simulators.redbirdflight.com/products/topic/home-simulator-controls

Thanks for the heads up on the Thrustmaster contest.

Seems Redbird will also be at the FlightSimExpo, but haven't seen any mention of Brunner so far (for side by side comparisons of all the yokes).

On 4/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Thrustmaster has a contest for a free trip and tickets to the flightsim show plus one free product.

I cannot find the contest on the web. Can you show a link to it? Thanks.

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

A little OT, but glad to see a couple of other Texas simmers here.   I'm in Houston.  Oh, and BTW, I recently bought a Yoko+, but haven't installed it yet (tomorrow, I think).

Jeff Smith

Edited by JNS

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

recently purchased the Yoko Plus, must say a whole new experience compared to my previous Saitek Cessna yoke. the start (take off) and landing in particular feel very realistic, correct trim setting is important here.  Also during the flight itself it is a great difference with my previous yoke much more realistic!  Do not regret the expensive purchase, all in all a good investment and adds a lot to a more realistic flight simulator experience in P3Dv4. setup was easy using FSUIPC.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

Have been seriously considering purchasing the Yoko + for a while now. As I have the Virtual Fly TQ6, they have offered a 15% discount on the Yoke. The full price plus shipping before the discount is $Aus 1,900. I am using a Cessna Yoke at present, and it has no inherent problem as such. A difficult decision to make.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,