Just ordered the yoke about an hour ago. Let's hope it doesn't get damaged in transit, it's a long way to Oz. Will let you know the condition on its arrival. Really looking forward to it, as it will fit in nicely with my VF TQ6

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

While I'm waiting for the replacement yoke to arrive...

The before-opening-the-box anticipation photo:

yoko-7.jpg

...and one of the series of photos I sent to VF for diagnostic purposes;  the much longer elevator / y-axis travel and the bungee cords are the win over the "alligator + springs" assembly in the Saitek Cessa Pro Flight yoke:

yoko-8.jpg

Edited by AustinLonghorn
Typo

Sorry to hear about the bad yoke. Great to see VirtualFly is taking good care of you. I'm also on the fence about buying one. Maybe soon. 🙂

The replacement yoke arrived, and all the buttons / axes are working fine!

As for a correlation between the condition of the box and the yoke contained within, the replacement yoke's box had a huge hole in the side, so go figure.

This yoke needed to go under the desk to sit at the correct height (previous Saitek Cessna yoke was on top of the desk);  I found the Oeveo UCM-242 'Under Desk PC Mount' to use a tray.

Some horsing around in the pattern with it so far, but it's a big improvement over the Saitek yoke in terms of overall smoothness.  Once you're in the air, the bungee cord system is surprisingly good!

yoko-9.jpg

Oeveo UCM-242 mounting bracket, easy to remove and put the keyboard/mouse tray back in to use the desk for other stuff:

yoko-10.jpg

yoko-11.jpg

yoko-12.jpg

• Like 1

Your setup looks similar to mine. Glad your enjoying your yoke.  Josh

89235220-f709-4a57-b797-55eef320a45a-ori
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hallo AustinLonghorn, Josh

I am interested in this setup. I wonder however about the space beneath the yoke for the legs. Following questions:
What is the height between the bottom of the yoke support casing and the floor?
What is the position of your legs: below the yoke, in front of the yoke, left and right of the yoke? (with or without use of the rudder pedal?

Thanks for the help.

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

32 minutes ago, oemlegoem said:

What is the position of your legs: below the yoke, in front of the yoke, left and right of the yoke? (with or without use of the rudder pedal?

oemlegoem - the bottom of the desk table surface is 28.75" (~ 73cm) from the floor.  The Oeveo mounting bracket is 4" high, so the bottom of the Yoko is 24.75" (~ 63cm) from the floor.

Legs sit underneath the yoke and clearance is fine for use of rudder pedals.  If you sit too close, the yoke would touch your legs at the stops, but this is what happens in the real aircraft (C172).

1 hour ago, oemlegoem said:

Hallo AustinLonghorn, Josh

I am interested in this setup. I wonder however about the space beneath the yoke for the legs. Following questions:

Thanks for the help.

My measurements are the same as Austin's. The only issue I could see is if your really tall I am 6' and have no issues. My legs and knees fit to the left and right of the yoke naturally with no impediments. I fabricated my own mounting system to attach the yoke to the desk. I also find this mounting position under the desk to be more realistic and more comfortable to use.  Josh

Austin you should paint the shroud of the Yoko black. I don't know why the use white?

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I was wondering how many flightsimmers are putting their yoke underneath a desk, as shown above, or would do it if they would have the capability.
Anyone can comment on that?

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

Have put my Yoko + under the desk. I built a special container to hold the base, and just used screws to hold it up. Works like a charm, and have plenty of room for my legs, and the pedals are within easy reach.

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,